Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2.5l murano from Japan on a bose headunit with single CD and single MD. It doesn't have the satellite button. But it does have an aux button.

I am trying to figure out which of these works with it:

a) PAC AOEM-NIS2
b) PAC AAI-NIS2

Minimum requirement - adding multiple amps to the system.
Best requirement - accepts ipod video auxillary as well as output to the inbuilt dash screen

Please help!

If you need other info on my car, I can provide!

·
Registered
35 Posts
I don't know if you have resolved your problem yet but if you haven't it sounds like you will need a few converters to do what you want to do. The indash screen is an RGB monitor and the video output from a mobile device is most likely going to be composite. If you are trying to go from ipod, composite out, to your screen you will need to convert the signal. If you are trying to add navigation and movie playing capabilities then that is another story all together.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have managed to solve the problem from a friend in Nissan. He managed to get me a harness for my bose unit which is a pure plug in which accepts input from RCA audio and video. Works like a charm. Bless his soul!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Now I'm the one that's interested. I've never heard of a Nissan harness that does that do you have the item code so I can look it up.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Can't remember what the harness code is. Will check and look for it. Bear in mind that my Murano is from Japan (literally, as its made in Japan and even the GUI is in Kanji). Its a fantastic product that just clips to the unit behind the rear passenger seat.

·
Registered
44 Posts
include me

Me too roy,i am interested in that harness too,give us the part number,or where to get it from.many thanks

·
Registered
35 Posts
If you are talking about the Sat harness connector behind the rear seats that is the standard ipod connection harness but it does not convert rgb or any other type of video. It will charge, dock, play, and give you steering wheel control of an ipod but won't enable video play at all. I'm working to solve that one.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just before everyone gets excited about this harness. All it does is allow an rca connection for audio and video.

It doesn't charge an ipod nor allow navigation. It is triggered by an aux button on the headunit. Thats all it does.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi

Do you know where I can buy the MP3 adaptor from as I too have a Japanese import of the Nissan Murano?

Thanks
Shibli

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The item is:

a) Model number - B8086 AL510
b) For Car - HN-3900M(N)AV
That's the model number for my Murano I think.

I have a friend from Nissan who managed to import one for me. I do not know how to get it online.
Hope this helps.

P.S. All this item does is allow a composite signal (Red, Yellow, White) for audio and video from an external source. This works on my car when I press "Aux". Naturally if the car is moving, there will be no video due to the built-in safety precaution. The item plugs in to the unit/amplifier behind the rear passenger seat.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts