Nissan Murano Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to buy a set of aftermarket rims for my 2018 Platinum. My understanding is that the 20" OEMs are 7.5 wide with an offset of +50.

Does anyone have any experience with going with an 8.5" rim with an offset of +40? If so, what tire size did you go with to ensure no rubbing against the suspension or limiting the turning radius?

For reference, I'm looking at the Enkei Onx (machined black) as my go to rim.

First time buying after market rims here, so trying to learn along the way.

Thanks!

·
Administrator
9,099 Posts
Whatever you learn here, be sure to double-check it with a website like Tire Rack. They have a full set of yes/no criteria programmed in for most cars and rims.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Whatever you learn here, be sure to double-check it with a website like Tire Rack. They have a full set of yes/no criteria programmed in for most cars and rims.
Thanks for the heads up @Pilgrim - the one I’m looking at was one of the suggested wheels (size, offset) that Tire Rack listed after I threw the vehicle details into their search. So it’s a pretty safe bet if TR is suggesting the exact wheel that they’ve considered width and offset difference to ensure there would be no impact to the vehicle itself?

This is what it would look like according to them...

·
Administrator
9,099 Posts
I trust their research. If they say it fits and works, I'm a believer.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I went 265/50/20 from stock and they look and ride really nice (+40 off set). They also match the stock 18s diameter so the speedo is accurate.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts