Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dealer has found a car with my exact specifications except it has Sat installed and a tow hitch. He is willing to give me these extras for $416. The thing is I don’t want sat because I know I’ll never use it. Does the sat actually have something else on the console that controls it Ianother face plate or something) or is it all controlled through the standard display?

Thanks

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
still wondering

He said it has the tow hitch and the sat installed and that the cost of both items together is around $830. He told me he would split the difference with me and give it to me for $420.
The tow hitch lists for $580. Is installed sat only $250? What are you saying is worth $2,500?
He also told me that there will be no difference in the way the dash looks. Is this true?

My car is waiting somewhere on this decision. Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Sat radio components, installed, can be from $250 to $300. That's just the components, no service.

The hitch you have an estimate for.

I'd say he's being fair, splitting the difference. If the rest of the MO is what you want, I say go for it :) The hitch .. eh, you could always possibly take it off and keep it for later use, if ever. The sat radio .. who knows, you might want it some day down the road!

That's IF it is the integrated sat radio. If he has a separate interface on the dash somewhere, then I wouldn't go for it. The MO radio can handle Sat by default, and it is VERY cool. No 3rd party stuff adhered to your dash.

Considering the fiasco us MO owners have gone through with the integrated Sat.. if your potential MO has it already onboard, I say go for it.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
More info

I just got off the phone with him. He says the invoice of the hitch is $481 and the invoice cost of the Sat is $347. Total is $828 and he'll give it to me for $414. I just need 2 more questions answered.
1) Does the dash look any different from a Mo without sat? Is there any external antenna that looks different?
2) He said I will get a couple of months free and I'm under no obligation to continue using sat after that. Is that true?

I guess thats 3 questions. Sorry.
Thanks for all your help!

·
Registered
466 Posts
The dash will look the same. You will have a small black antena on the back of the MO On the roof. No big deal. And yes...you get three months of service for free and no contract is required. Just installed SAT in my MO this weekend and LOVE IT...I would jump on that deal ASAP

·
Registered
51 Posts
SAT

One thing to consider- if you get a Murano without Sat your radio is going to have a button which says "SAT" and it will display an error message if you press it.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks

Thanks for all the help!
I told the dealer to double check all the details and put a hold on the Mo for me if everything matches.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
one more

One more question on this:
If I decide not to sign up for sat after the free trial period, will my AM/FM work normally still? I know this is really basic stuff but I've never been interested in sat and so know almost nothing about it.
Thanks again.

·
hail 2 the snail
796 Posts
Re: one more

Mosh said:
One more question on this:
If I decide not to sign up for sat after the free trial period, will my AM/FM work normally still? I know this is really basic stuff but I've never been interested in sat and so know almost nothing about it.
Thanks again.

would you be interested in selling your SAT receiver??

please PM me or email me (either way, if possible) at [email protected]

thanks

scott

·
Registered
202 Posts
Re: one more

Mosh said:
I've never been interested in sat and so know almost nothing about it.
Mosh, you might want to head over to the Sirius and XM websites to sample what satellite radio is like.

XM Satellite Radio

Sirius Satellite Radio

You can see a complete listing of the channels and listen to the broadcasts. I love my XM satellite radio. Since you live in the Chicago area and probably have access to a variety of high quality radio stations, satellite radio might not be as worthwhile to you as it is to me living in the radio station wasteland of North Central Florida. Not only do I have access to a bigger variety of styles of music and talk on XM, but there are specials that they run that I wouldn't be able to get anywhere else. For example, if you're a Sarah McLachlan fan, there's a "release party" special this evening commemorating the release of her new CD. There's not a snowball's chance I'd ever hear that on local radio! :)

Jeff

·
Registered
66 Posts
SAT

OMG. First of all thats a good deal for a OEM hitch and SAT installed. I never in a million years was going to pay for radio. Then I rented a car with SAT installed. Now im hooked and will never switch back. Everything will remain the same in your M-O. Yes you can use AM FM Yes you can use the CD's And after two months free trial Yes you can cancel the SAT and nothing will change on your radio. Its all internal. If you keep all the internal SAT parts in your M-O it is another good selling point when you decide to trade your M-O away. Which by the way will never happen :)

Maybe this is why Nissan didnt want to offer SAT in the M-O.

·
Registered
466 Posts
This might be a dumb question, but with the XM radio is there anyway on the display to adjust it so it will show the entire artist or song name? There is enough room on the display...Why does it just show part of it?

·
Registered
202 Posts
milgrad said:
This might be a dumb question, but with the XM radio is there anyway on the display to adjust it so it will show the entire artist or song name? There is enough room on the display...Why does it just show part of it?
Unfortunately, that's a limitation of the XM tuner, and there's no way to adjust it. The Sirius tuner displays more text information, if I'm not mistaken.

Jeff

·
Registered
466 Posts
Thanks for the info....That kind of sucks...but o-well...at least we have the XM working

·
4,664 Posts
On XM if the radio's not activated, it allows you to hear about 10 channels, but it keeps changing which 10. The idea of course, is to get you hooked on a channel, then yank it away so you go into withdrawal and cough up the subscription.:p

I think it sucks that the titles are truncated, but hey, it works and it's still cool....:D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts