Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all:

Sorry for the exclamated subject line but I am in need of some experienced help ASAP. I've ordered a MO that's not due in until March. Found another one very close that I could have as soon as next week. The only differences are that the interior color is charcoal leather instead of cafe latte and there's no tow package. Otherwise, its what I want (Nav, DVD Entertainment, VDC, Touring Pack SE). The charcoal is probably fine (I'll check it out tomorrow morning) - my question is how difficult is it to install a factory hitch (assuming pretty straight forward) and wiring harness (seems to be tricker part)? I'm pretty used to working on engines (do all the maintenance on my 1990 Suzuki VX800 motorcycle; replaced the alternator and window motor on my 93 Camaro). Is this something an amateur shadetree mechanic can do? I'm visiting the dealer tomorrow and need to decide soon!

THANKS LOADS IN ADVANCE!!

ps: dealer claims that due to the "intense" labor involved, the price goes from $540 list to $1500.

·
Registered
834 Posts
From what I understand installing the Nissan factory hitch while can be done is quite an ordeal. It seems to involve replace the rear bumper which has new cut-outs for the hitch.

If you search this site there should also be picture of an install.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks dmako - I looked a bit harder using some new search terms you suggested and found the thread. Seems that the install would be pretty straightforward - but the question is do I really want to mess around with a brand new Murano (and potentially screw it up). I also found the trailer install manual on this site and will study in depth and then decide.

Thanks again for the great search tips. Love this site!

·
Registered
161 Posts
I have a hidden hitch tow receiver and was very simple to install. Just 6 bolts. Literally less than 20 minutes start to finish..and it was about 1/2 the price of the factory option.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts