Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi.
I have a 2004 Murano and the body molding near the bottom of the front left door has fallen off.
See photo below.
I have the molding but I'm having a hard time finding the clips to keep it attached to the door. I've gone into Pep Boys and found other clips for other manufacturers to hold other parts onto cars, but nothing that works well enough to hold these.
I'm hoping someone here knows exactly which part the little plastic clips are.
And as you can see here at this link, the cost of the molding, which I suspect includes the clips, is about 1/3 of what the entire car is worth at the moment.
parts.nissanusa.com/nissanparts/index.cfm?action=replacement&siteid=14&jointvehid=11342&groupid=K&sectionid=766&partcode=80873
Any help finding these little plastic clips would be VERY appreciative.
-Mark

·
Registered
342 Posts
Hi.
I have a 2004 Murano and the body molding near the bottom of the front left door has fallen off.
See photo below.
I have the molding but I'm having a hard time finding the clips to keep it attached to the door. I've gone into Pep Boys and found other clips for other manufacturers to hold other parts onto cars, but nothing that works well enough to hold these.
I'm hoping someone here knows exactly which part the little plastic clips are.
And as you can see here at this link, the cost of the molding, which I suspect includes the clips, is about 1/3 of what the entire car is worth at the moment.
parts.nissanusa.com/nissanparts/index.cfm?action=replacement&siteid=14&jointvehid=11342&groupid=K&sectionid=766&partcode=80873
Any help finding these little plastic clips would be VERY appreciative.
-Mark
Have you considered using an adhesive? A strong polyurethane windshield or weatherstripping adhesive would probably secure it well enough.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I considered it...briefly. I'd rather do what the manufacturer does and use clips.
Besides, there is very little surface area to safely secure the molding with adhesive.
Thanks for the response, however.
By the way, this is what the underside looks like, plus some clips that I bought that aren't quite right.
-M

Attachments

·
Registered
342 Posts
I considered it...briefly. I'd rather do what the manufacturer does and use clips.
Besides, there is very little surface area to safely secure the molding with adhesive.
Thanks for the response, however.
By the way, this is what the underside looks like, plus some clips that I bought that aren't quite right.
-M
Try https://www.clipsandfasteners.com/

They have a real good selection of fasteners, particularly for Nissan since they use a lot of plastic clips to hold the car together. You will need the part number of the clips you need (or at least one piece to compare).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Awesome! Thank you. I wrote them and will update you here if they have the right part.
Thanks.
-Mark

·
Registered
2,566 Posts
The yellowish clips looks fine from the pic but it seems like you may have damaged all 3 spots where the clips has to be attached to. You may need to use some epoxy to glue back those plastic parts together to make it whole again. Wait 24 hours to dry before using. Issue will be if broken parts has fallen/missing, you may need to remedy it so as to make a sorta housing for the clips. Or improvise a different way to attach it to the holes on the car. Or buy a new/used one from the junkyard.

·
Super Moderator
7,766 Posts
I suggest Courtesy Nissan online. Get the factory clips, and they do discount online parts orders.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts