Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can not find the factory model #s for the whole kit to wire up a 03 murano for sirius radio. The site has pictures and part numbers but they are no longer available and this grubbs dealers phone number is not correct. So,I called the dealers in my area and they are all useless.They all said if a murano is not prewired it can NOT have satellite radio..we alll know that is BS' this is not for me I have a 05,this is for my customer. I did give one dealer some part numbers and he did not know what the parts did.He did say if I order it you own it wheather it is correct or not. NICE

HELP SOMEONE

Thank You
Larry

·
Registered
39 Posts
I was in contact with Grubbs at the number below less than a week ago. Give it a try.
Grubbs Infiniti

·
4,601 Posts
Check this out...

http://ca.geocities.com/[email protected]/PartNumbers.htm

I know the guy that created the website, extremely well!:p

The 2003 needs the standard Murano Sat kit, plus a wiring harness. You can either get the B8377-5Y710 harness, or if not available, look for the B8377-5Y700 and ignore the second harness in that kit, as it's not used in the Murano.

Grubbs will have what you need. If Nissan discontinues the harness, they know who to go to, to build them.

You can also use a USA-Spec harness for their Nissan version CD changer. That's the one I used to prove sat indeed did work in the Murano, in June of '03.

For Sirius in the Murano:

999U9-NV004 Sirius tuner kit
999U9-VQ007 Sirius antenna kit

You can use aftermarket Sirius antennas as well. Make sure they are two wire type, or come with a splitter.

You can see the full website at the link below. Questions? Ask! I get emails every week from people wanting to know about OEM sat installations in Nissan/Infinitis, as a result of the web site.

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Why is a splitter needed? Doesn't the antenna just connect directly to the tuner?

·
4,601 Posts
Depends on the antenna... Some are two wire some are one wire. I don't recall on Sirius, but on XM, one connection is for the satellite the other connection is for terrestrial repeaters. The first antennas have two wires, later ones went to one wire with a splitter to make it compatible with the two wire systems.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts