Nissan Murano Forum banner

41 - 60 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Thanks to the help from these posts I bent back the tab on my 2003 Murano and now I can get gas into it. Thanks! Unfortunately lots of other problems at 93k miles. Throttle box went, car would hesitate big time sporadically ($600 total). Power steering hose started to leak. ($600 total). Transmission leaks, 2 seals ($500 total), oil pan is now leaking (estimate $200). Drivers side visor is being held up with velcro. (Not paying $400+ to replace. Am original owner and car has been treated well. Going to trade in soon hopefully. Not thrilled with Nissans and wouldn't buy another.

·
Premium Member
7,280 Posts
On Courtesyparts.com website they have posted the pictures of these relays however one cannot trust that the correct pictures were used. From these pictures it seems 25224N and 25224X maybe the same. I still would not use them in place of each other unless I test them to make sure they are the same (one could be open relay and the other maybe closed relay). Your call!

Attachments

·
Registered
34 Posts
I am gonna take both out to have a test..

can a simple multimeter tell the difference?

On Courtesyparts.com website they have posted the pictures of these relays however one cannot trust that the correct pictures were used. From these pictures it seems 25224N and 25224X maybe the same. I still would not use them in place of each other unless I test them to make sure they are the same (one could be open relay and the other maybe closed relay). Your call!

·
Registered
34 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
I guess I found the two relays. They are not located by the SIDE wall of the place under the wheel. They are actually in the middle. Both mounted on a piece of metal.

How can I pull them off? I tried but couldn't in such small space.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I guess I found the two relays. They are not located by the SIDE wall of the place under the wheel. They are actually in the middle. Both mounted on a piece of metal.

How can I pull them off? I tried but couldn't in such small space.
the part of the two blue/white relays are labeled 25230 open circuit relay...which I guess would be the 25233 ones in the top graph B.

I took both off but still can use key to close the fuel lid...

Wrong relay.

Where on earth is the fuel lid relay? i looked hard behind the fuse panel..nothiing like relays..shoudl i remove some plastic panels or carpet??
guys..please help..i've been struggling with this SB problem for a while...can not just sit until it completely went dead..and i stuck in a gas station..

·
Registered
15 Posts
is this a recall

Why get mean at Nissan... is a known issue, they can fix it, its covered under warranty, its not their fault.

Geesh save it for something like when they say "we couldn't duplicate the problem and therefore could not fix it". Then you have my permission to go nuts. :4:

is this a recall that they will fix at no cost?

·
Registered
12,664 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a similar problem with the fuel door not opening - although it happens due to ice build-up. The release mechanism seems to work ok, but the door won't pop open because of the ice around the door. Mt arms aren't long enough to push the release button on the dash, and pull on the fuel door at the same time! Short of having a second person assist, does anyone know a trick to release a frozen fuel door?

·
Registered
12,664 Posts
I have a similar problem with the fuel door not opening - although it happens due to ice build-up. The release mechanism seems to work ok, but the door won't pop open because of the ice around the door. Mt arms aren't long enough to push the release button on the dash, and pull on the fuel door at the same time! Short of having a second person assist, does anyone know a trick to release a frozen fuel door?
Wait for Spring thaw? :8:

Have you tried tapping it with a closed fist?

-njjoe

·
Registered
1 Posts
2009 Murano fuel door

My murano fuel door will not open. I can hear the actuator clicking.
How do i by pass it or get it to open without paying a fortune to a dealer?
2009 Nisson Murano

·
Registered
56 Posts
You can access the fuel door mechanism from behind, thru the upholstery panel in the rear hatch area. I not familiar with the proper steps in the removal, but I'm sure you should be able to figure it out or review the Service Manual if you have it. It's available for download from within this forum.
Good Luck

41 - 60 of 63 Posts