Nissan Murano Forum banner

61 - 63 of 63 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,280 Posts
My murano fuel door will not open. I can hear the actuator clicking.
How do i by pass it or get it to open without paying a fortune to a dealer?
2009 Nisson Murano
Try taking the load off of the door by pushing it slightly in while locking and unlocking the doors with your fob. You may get lucky but if it still does not open, thru the upholstery is the only way to go. Open the rear gate and pull out the rubber gasket on the left side. Then place your hand and arm behind the trim and feel your way in until you reach the actuator. Someone with small hands works better here. You can then pull/push the lever to open it.

Once you have it open, I recommend you bend the tab that locks the door in place. Flap will close but it will never lock. The lock is a joke anyway because anyone can force the door open but if it is left unlocked, even if someone tries to get to your tank, at least they will not damage the car! That is what I did on mine.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Do exactly what I did....
bend the locking panel on the door so it would never locked and purchased a locking gas cap.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My Murano fuel door will not open. I had try everything I read here, nothing work. Have to force to open, because my tank was empty, brake a door lock, now have to spend money to fix :(

61 - 63 of 63 Posts