Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All !
The exciting news... I purchased my MO this weekend, just waiting for it to arrive at the dealer.
Anyway, please help me out with pros & cons of the 3M protection sheeting, which protects from rocks...
I have found a company who will do the front and lower area, for $400 -

·
Registered
466 Posts
It is well worth the money..I paid over $600.00 for mine, but it has saved me from some repairs.,...I will be getting it on each of my new cars in the future...

·
Registered
126 Posts
I sorely regret NOT doing it on mine. Thanks to Texas gravel truck drivers who are too lazy to cover their load, the nose of My Murano is really scarred up. Way more than $400 worth.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Absolutely worth it.
I got mine done a couple weeks ago and it's already saved some damage. We have a lot of gravel pit type outfits around here, so it's a shame not to get it.

·
Registered
564 Posts
For $400 installed - do it! I couldn't find anyone in my area to install for less than $900. I ended up going with the Colgan bra, which was a good enough compromise for me. Still, to be safe, I placed some clear contact paper on the edges of the hood and front bumper to make sure that any rubbing effects from the bra are kept to a minimum. The 3M clear bra at $400 is a great deal. Ask if they'll do the mirrors as well.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
:2: Wow !!! Thanks for everyone's responses !! It sounds as though I'm getting a great deal.
The dealership wanted $400, just to do the front grill & $600 to do the grill, by the spoiler & mirrors. I will definately pay $400 for the entire installation...
Now all I need is my MO !!! THe expected delivery date is August 13th.

Again, thanks everyone !!!

Has anyone had any problems with the product, such as cracking, yellowing ect...?

Any feedback is appreciated !

·
Custom Knife Creations
293 Posts
I got mine done on my boxster about 3 years ago, since then I have it done to every vehicle we own (Mo, Trailblazer). you hardly notice it, and give it two years, you will be counting the imaginary holes you would have had, if you did not have the 3m (you can see the scuff marks, which would have been nicks)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for everyone's responses !! I had the film put on today, and it looks great !!! I got it done at a detail shop for 1/2 the price Nissan dealership wanted. I'll post any new details ...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts