Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 Murano S and since last week, the entire radio/climate control console including the screen is out and won't turn on. Strangely, within minutes of driving, the heater blower will turn on full force with no way of shutting it off.

Before that, the responsive of the console would be sporadic. Sometimes the air conditioner would turn on by itself and there is no way to turn it off as all lights (Auto, off, a/c…) go off. Also, all other buttons don’t work, no CD, no radio, etc. When everything did seem to work, I could hear static coming from the speakers whenever I go over a bump and the sound would cut out.

Prior history: The problems began a few weeks ago when my toddler stuck some coins into the cd player so I took out the unit and managed to shake out all the coins. I plugged all the harnesses back in and everything seemed to be working fine. About a week later, the above mentioned problems started occuring.

I just tried taking out the console again to see if maybe one of the harnesses was loose but everything seemed fine.

I checked the fuses underneath the dash and they all seem to be fine. Can anyone help? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update: After searching through the forums, I found a thread where someone recommended checking the fuses. All the fuses under the steering wheel checked out fine but when I checked the "audio" fuse in the engine bay, I found that it was burnt out. I replaced it and voila! everything works again! woot!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I am having the same problem. It was initally only happened once in awhile. Now it is everytime. It is at the NISSAN repair shop. Got it back last Friday and same problem. They now are changing the last piece out when it comes in. I will let you know what they eventually find as the problem.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Well it appears that the Nissan dealer has fixed my problem with the Radio and Heat/AC controls not working. The service manager told me it was the Heater and Audio Control switch assembly. They had changed out everything else in the system alsto find it. Thank goodness when we bought it it had an extended warranty that covered thes problem. They also fixed the fuel tank issue of not letting gas go in quickly. A couple of gold Stars go out to New River Nissan in Virgina.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have an 07 murano s and I'm having the same kind of problem, I just replace the blower motor now the CD player climate controls and screen above the CD player are not working, as I was checking the fuse box under the steering wheel going thru fuses and wires it magically turns on and works fine until I turn off the car , I have been able to turn it on by randomly touching wires and fuses in said panel box, can anyone help?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts