Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After cleaning the TB on my 2005 murano, when the car is idle it is around between 850-900 rpm now.

After browsing the forums etc, thought i would try and reset the Idle Air Volume thing.

2003-2011 Nissan Murano Idle Air Volume Learning Procedure | Nissanhelp.com

Is the guide i am using, Not sure if i'm doing something wrong, however
on step 8 where it says

"ait 7 seconds, fully depress the accelerator pedal and keep it for approx. 20 seconds until the MIL stops blinking and turned ON."

The MIL light on my murano is always solid and on? so i cant seem to get the above procedure correct, as soon as i put the ignition on the MIL Stays on?

Not sure if the UK version of the murano has anything different etc, but cant seem to reset this thing?
When i mean the MIL is always on ( i mean when ignitions on) not on during driving etc
Any advice on where i'm going wrong would be welcome

Thanks in advance for any help

·
Registered
972 Posts
The Idle Relearn is actually 3 separate procedures, "Accelerator Pedal Released Position Learning", "Throttle Valve Closed Position Learning", and "Idle Air Volume Learning". The instructions you linked to combines it into one which can be problematic (for one you need to wait at least 10 seconds between procedures). So if I understand you correctly, the MIL (SES) light is OFF normally (if it were on, that would be your issue since you can't do an idle relearn with a code stored in the ECM).

It's important to use a timer/clock to count off the seconds. I just did this last week and I was having the same issue. I think my issue was the "5-times within 5-seconds"; I think I was rushing it. No matter how quickly you complete the '5-times', you MUST count off the full 5-seconds before you begin the next step of "wait 7 seconds". In other words, the 7 seconds doesn't start at the end of the 5th pedal press, it starts at the end of 5 seconds. Does that make sense?

Also when you get to the end, DON'T "rev up the engine". No where in the SM does it say to rev the engine. It actually says "Start the engine, let it idle and wait 20 seconds." If you think about it, it's trying to reset the idle speed which is impossible when you're punching the throttle! :1pat: I've included the 3 procedures below:

*NOTE: "Turn ignition switch ON" doesn't mean start the engine!!! :14:

Battery voltage: More than 12.9V (At idle)
Engine coolant temperature: 70 - 100 C (158 - 212 F)
Park/neutral position (PNP) switch: ON (Shifter in Park or Neutral)
Electric load switch: OFF (Air conditioner, headlamp, rear window defogger)
Steering wheel: Neutral (Straight-ahead position)
Vehicle speed: Stopped
Transmission: Warmed-up (Drive vehicle for 10 minutes.)

Perform EC-63 "Accelerator Pedal Released Position Learning"

1. Check that accelerator pedal is fully released.

2. Turn ignition switch ON and wait at least 2 seconds.

3. Turn ignition switch OFF and wait at least 10 seconds.

4. Turn ignition switch ON and wait at least 2 seconds.

5. Turn ignition switch OFF and wait at least 10 seconds.

Perform EC-64 "Throttle Valve Closed Position Learning"

If "DTC Confirmation Procedure" has been previously conducted, always turn ignition switch "OFF" and wait at least 10 seconds before conducting the next test.

1. Check that accelerator pedal is fully released.

2. Turn ignition switch ON.

3. Turn ignition switch OFF and wait at least 10 seconds. Check that throttle valve moves during the above 10 seconds by confirming the operating sound

Perform "Idle Air Volume Learning" procedure (TSB05-090)

If "DTC Confirmation Procedure" has been previously conducted, always turn ignition switch "OFF" and wait at least 10 seconds before conducting the next test.

1. Start engine and warm to operating temp

2. Turn engine to OFF and wait at least 10 sec.

3. Turn IGN to ON and wait 3 seconds

4. Floor and release the accelerator 5 times within 5 seconds

5. Wait 7 seconds, then press the accelerator for 20 seconds until the MIL light stops blinking and turns ON.

6. Release pedal WITHIN 3 seconds after the SES light turned ON.

7. Start the engine, let it idle and wait 20 seconds.

·
Registered
67 Posts
It took me a LONG time to get the whole process RIGHT just finally got it right TODAY and our murano idle is just RIGHT<<<be patient and have a TIMER<<<Helps A LOT<<<

·
Registered
1 Posts
The Idle Relearn is actually 3 separate procedures, "Accelerator Pedal Released Position Learning", "Throttle Valve Closed Position Learning", and "Idle Air Volume Learning". The instructions you linked to combines it into one which can be problematic (for one you need to wait at least 10 seconds between procedures). So if I understand you correctly, the MIL (SES) light is OFF normally (if it were on, that would be your issue since you can't do an idle relearn with a code stored in the ECM).

It's important to use a timer/clock to count off the seconds. I just did this last week and I was having the same issue. I think my issue was the "5-times within 5-seconds"; I think I was rushing it. No matter how quickly you complete the '5-times', you MUST count off the full 5-seconds before you begin the next step of "wait 7 seconds". In other words, the 7 seconds doesn't start at the end of the 5th pedal press, it starts at the end of 5 seconds. Does that make sense?

Also when you get to the end, DON'T "rev up the engine". No where in the SM does it say to rev the engine. It actually says "Start the engine, let it idle and wait 20 seconds." If you think about it, it's trying to reset the idle speed which is impossible when you're punching the throttle! :1pat: I've included the 3 procedures below:

*NOTE: "Turn ignition switch ON" doesn't mean start the engine!!! :14:
I have a 2012 Murano SV. I just removed and cleaned the throttle body and now it will NOT rev to more than 1500 RPM??? The CEL stays on and I can't seem to find the correct "relearn procedure.
I have tried to erase code with my OBD reader, no luck. I have also disconnected the battery and pumped the brakes. (left it disconnected over night) still no luck...
can you help?
Thanks

·
Registered
1,583 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2012 Murano SV. I just removed and cleaned the throttle body and now it will NOT rev to more than 1500 RPM??? The CEL stays on and I can't seem to find the correct "relearn procedure.
I have tried to erase code with my OBD reader, no luck. I have also disconnected the battery and pumped the brakes. (left it disconnected over night) still no luck...
can you help?
Thanks
I had the same problem with mine and it turned out that the plug to the mass air flow wasn’t plugged in all the way try pushing a little hard mine clicked twice

1 - 6 of 6 Posts