Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After working out at our local 24 hour fitness center, I placed my backpack in the rear of my Murano than I step on the front passenger side to place my other things. I noticed a willfully scratch across my door. It doesn't look deep but its a scratch. The scratch is about 12 inches long. Don't know if the person ran his key on my door.

I do have Mother's Scratch remover - will that remove my scratch?
:3: It's an understatement on how I feel about this willfully evil action.

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
Paniolo-

You have got to be kidding! :3:

Check if there are any security cams facing the lot. With any luck you may be able to see the culprits.

-njjoe

·
Registered
23 Posts
I feel your pain. I have five downward key scratches on my rear hatch, with two chips coming off as well. In addition, I was keyed on the front passenger door. These all happened while I was at work, so now I get to drive the truck everyday because I can't trust my coworkers.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your sympathy.... but have you tried "Mother"s Scratch remover? Does it remove the scratch??:confused:

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
If its a deep scratch, the answer is no. The store purchased scratch removers are more for small nicks and swirls.

Sorry to hear about the vandalism. Unfortunately its a price of owning a nice car nowadays. :(

·
Registered
23 Posts
Unfortunately I am probably going to file a claim with my insurance, I was told it would not affect my premiums, hopefully. For the amount of scratches, I am afraid of trying to fix it myself

·
Registered
92 Posts
Why are these muranos being keyed? Are people parking on the lines? Maybe parking in handicapped spots and aren't handicapped? Enemies? Bad drivers? I don't see why there are so many people being keyed? I spit on peoples cars who take two spots, park on the line, or park in handicap spots without tags and sometimes write dirty notes but I've never keyed anyones car even if I really wanted to. So if you live in Atlanta and find a loogy on your window, it may have been me.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Paniolo;

I feel your pain... I had my Passat (2 mos old at the time) keyed a few years back. I did claim to the insurance company and the premium did not go up. However I had to pay whatever deductible I had.:mad:

Good luck

·
Registered
263 Posts
Ok, check this out~
Parked in to local DVD store garage, grab some DVD got out and saw this toyota just pull next to me.

I got into my car and try to back out before the passenger open his door. The old man then open the door while talking on his mobile phone. Bang~ I stare at the oldman, he no care, still talking on the phone. The driver and his wife (family member) look at me all worry.

I got out to see any damage, luckly no ding or scratch, thanks to the side molding. But enough to piss me off, almost ran after the oldman who is walking away acting like nothing happend. :11:

Stupid people are everywhere, that's why insurance premium is always going up. Just be little more careful where you park your car to stay way from trouble. But, when it chit happend fix it, and move on! No sense Woulda, Coulda, Shoulda...

Nizmo

·
Premium Member
2,049 Posts
Frumunda Cheese said:
Why are these muranos being keyed? Are people parking on the lines? Maybe parking in handicapped spots and aren't handicapped? Enemies? Bad drivers? I don't see why there are so many people being keyed? I spit on peoples cars who take two spots, park on the line, or park in handicap spots without tags and sometimes write dirty notes but I've never keyed anyones car even if I really wanted to. So if you live in Atlanta and find a loogy on your window, it may have been me.
I haven't found a loogie yet. :)

But I usually park in the north 40 waaaaay away from anyone else.
At work I have a spot between two pillars, can't park over the line there--it doesn't have any. I get there at 5:45 so I can have that spot.
knock on wood--not one tiny scratch anywhere.

I haven't the curage to think of how upset I would be if I had been keyed--sorry d00ds.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Here are digital pics on my black murano. As you can see, the top picture you wouldn't notice any scratch on the back and front passenger door.

My wife thinks the scratch was not that bad. She feels that I'll have more, maybe unintentional ones in the future, so no need to have this one fixed.

It's gonna cost $900.00 to repair that scratch of which my insurance company will cover $800.00.

I may just cancel this claim. Take a look at this scratch

Attachments

·
5,244 Posts
I know how you feel. My wife got rear ended on a parking lot I have some scratches. I learned to live with it. I know it is painfull but.... it is only a car. I think you should cancel the claims and leave it as it is. Maybe some buffing will help...

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
Paniolo said:
It's gonna cost $900.00 to repair that scratch of which my insurance company will cover $800.00.
Paniolo-

$900 to repair that scratch?!?! You have got to be kidding. That's way too much. I would get another quote and pay the $100 deductible to get the car back into tip-top shape.

-njjoe

·
Registered
132 Posts
$900 bucks is a lot of money for that!

Your insurance premiums may not go up this time but what about next month if it happens again?

Fact: Cars get scratches, it sucks, mine has a few small one that I'm going to touch them up this weekend if the weather is permitting I'll take some photos on how it turns out and list what I used.

My plan is to clean away all wax, dirt and lose paint. Use Nissan touch-up paint, wait for it to 100% dry. (I never used this paint, don't know the wait time so when I touch up my car I'll also paint a empty coffee can and leave it outside next to my car so its in the same temperature, this way I'll have something to test for dryness), and use rubbing compound and then polishing compound to smooth out any flaws, and then wax.

Then again I've never touched up car paint before, I'll most likely do a search on "how to touch up..." and find the right way to do this.

below is a site for repairing scratches using a paint pen.... looks simple enough. the wait times between starting and waxing are a lot longer then I thought.
http://www.paintscratch.com/paintpen.htm

Anyone ever use any paint pens?

·
Registered
263 Posts
Hey Paniolo,

Check this out~
Drove down to north shore to check out big 20 foot swell.
Parked in the sunset beach, my family got out and me still in the driver seat. Shortly after, a run down honda pulled next to me. Bang! I look and saw this haole driver trying to close the door slowly. He then open the door like nothing happen and took off.
I got out and saw big 'dent' on my passenger rear fender. Spot a cop across the street, called him over for report. 5 minutes later, the haole okole showed who fled the scene. The cop asked him "why did ya run away", He said "I never know, did I hit his car...?" Yah right! I max out his insurance and fixed the 'dent' including one day pay out from work w/rent a car.

Two weeks later, another big swell on north shore. Went down again, "SAME SPOT~" Saw this truck pulling out from the parking stall on sunset lot. I came to complete stop waiting for the parking spot. 30 seconds later, BANG!!! GOT REAR ENDED~
By stupid tourist. He said "Sorry"
His car got wasted, all crumble in the front (rent a car), my MO was solid, only dent on the bumper. His insurance took care everything "New bumper, Rent a car for 7 days which only took 2 days to repair...

So what Coulda, Woulda, Shoulda go down to Sunset again...?
You tell me brah! :) :9:

Nizmo

·
Registered
46 Posts
Paniolo said:
Here are digital pics on my black murano. As you can see, the top picture you wouldn't notice any scratch on the back and front passenger door.

My wife thinks the scratch was not that bad. She feels that I'll have more, maybe unintentional ones in the future, so no need to have this one fixed.

I may just cancel this claim. Take a look at this scratch
I cant tell how deep that cut is from the picture but (as Kris indicated), it seems like that can be buffed out.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Nizmo said:
Hey Paniolo,

Two weeks later, another big swell on north shore. Went down again, "SAME SPOT~" Saw this truck pulling out from the parking stall on sunset lot. I came to complete stop waiting for the parking spot. 30 seconds later, BANG!!! GOT REAR ENDED~
By stupid tourist. He said "Sorry"
His car got wasted, all crumble in the front (rent a car), my MO was solid, only dent on the bumper. His insurance took care everything "New bumper, Rent a car for 7 days which only took 2 days to repair...

Nizmo
our back bumper is plastic and would pop back into shape... but what about whats behind the plastic ... did you have that checked out? There are crumble zones in cars that you might not be seeing damage to unless you get under that bumper, under the mo.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Your insurance might pay out on your claim on a scratch and then drop you.

I've seen it done. I'd bet you're paying about the same cost of this claim as you pay a year for insurance, and they'll see you as a non-money maker and cancel you. (thinking you're going to put a claim in for everything) ...or they'll raise your insurance thru the roof.

Maybe not on the first claim, but on the second claim, hell yeah.

Well thats how it goes normally in Philadelphia. Where 50% of the drivers are not insured.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Hey Pan,

From one Black MO owner to another....

Try an ultra fine point Black sharpie.

$1.29 in any office supply store.

(Don't try to save money on non name brands, we're talking Sharpie Brand only)

Invisible results.

(Works on Black Muranos only)

·
Registered
53 Posts
Paniolo said:
After working out at our local 24 hour fitness center, I placed my backpack in the rear of my Murano than I step on the front passenger side to place my other things. I noticed a willfully scratch across my door. It doesn't look deep but its a scratch. The scratch is about 12 inches long. Don't know if the person ran his key on my door.

I do have Mother's Scratch remover - will that remove my scratch?
:3: It's an understatement on how I feel about this willfully evil action.
Hey one thing you might not be aware of is that most establishments need to carry premises liability insurance. Find out who the landlord is that controls the parking lot. Chances are that you will be able to file a claim with their insurance company, as you were on site at the time of the incident.

Any cameras showing the damage rolling at the time?

You aren't real timely in coming to them this late in the game, but better late than never

1 - 20 of 27 Posts