Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How the hell do you get to all the front headlight assembly bulbs?

Im trying to change the parking light turn signal and sidemarkers

but cant seem to figure out how to get them out. Can anyone help?

Please let me know

Thank you,
Joseph C.

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
Joe-

How determined are you to replace the bulbs? From what I recall the front bumper needs to be removed in order to take off the headlight assembly to gain access to the bulbs.

Nissan designed a very sharp looking car, however they neglected to design in user-servicability. :3: Don't even think of changing the license plate bulbs. That requires the inside of the hatch to be removed.

-njjoe

·
Registered
278 Posts
You can get to the head lamp bulbs from inside the front wheel wells. I've not yet had to do this, but seems easy enough. I hear the right-side foglight is a pain since the washer fluid container is behind it.

Here's a excerpt from the original Murano overview document.

Murano is fitted with vertically stacked, multi-lens headlight assemblies that house the low beams, high beams, turn signals, parking lights, and front side marker lights. On models equipped with the optional High Intensity Discharge (HID) xenon headlights, a high-voltage transformer is mounted externally on each headlight assembly.
- Individual bulbs can be replaced without removing the headlight cluster from the vehicle.
- Remove the fender protector from inside the wheel well.
- Bulbs are located behind weatherproof covers for protection.
- High-beam connector pulls straight off.
- Low-beam connector requires 1/4 turn to release.
- Both headlight bulbs are held in place with spring-loaded retainers which must be released (squeeze together to release from the assembly; with retainer released, bulb lifts straight out).

Here's the overview document for further reference. I'm sure it will be helpful, even with a newer model.

Murano Overview Document from Lasercannon site

1 - 3 of 3 Posts