Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I finally discovered that they sell leatherique in Australia. I paid $42AUD for a 250ml bottle of rejuvenator oil and pristine clean.

Anyway, I am hoping to use the stuff this weekend and am after some tips.

Do you really need to leave the oil on for a whole week like the instructions say? We are getting some hot weather lately so hopefully, the car will get to a nice 40-50 degrees celcius inside the car to help speed the process up.

Do you need to apply the oil serveral times?

any tips and help appreciated. I am hoping this stuff will make the leather in the MO softer.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
wow I cant believe there were no replies.

anyway, I got to apply the leatherique last week. It was a nice hot 37 degrees celcius outside so it was the perfect environment.

I could only leave the leatherique on for the day on the front seats and left it on for the whole week on the rear. I can report that the rears do feel a bit softer than the fronts. This means that a longer time is needed for the leatherique oil to do its job. Next time, I will try another application on the front seats.

One good thing is that the oil seemed to get rid of the waves I had in the leather on the seat bottoms. The waves reappeared after I sat on the seat a couple of times but at least its not as wavy. I think this oil is really essential to preserve the life of the leather seats.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Good news on your waves. I've got them as well, so I was hoping this would help. I received my leatheriques a couple of weeks ago, but have yet to apply. I've been waiting until the weather warms up a bit (16 degrees this morning) before I start. If you could, let us know how the next pass goes. Thanks

Anyone apply this stuff in cold weather? How warm does it have to be?

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
4,994 Posts
I use Leatherique

All the time, it's great. If you leather is relatively new no need for the long duration, If it is old and dry longer time helps to get the oils back in the leather.

I love the stuff.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Bigdongers,
Thanks for the info.
I have been using the Meguires Classic Gold lotion (I think I mentioned it to you in a previous thread) and it definitely does nothing for the waves in my seat. However, it does not leave a gloss and I like that.

I will now get Leatherique too.
Did the Leatherique make the seats glossy??
Any updates on the waves?

Thanks,
RickM46

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Rick

waves are back but not as bad as they were before. I reckon a week long rejuvinator oil application will help get more moisture back into the leather to help prevent the waves. Just need to get some plastic to cover the seats so I can keep driving it.

Definitely left no gloss so I am happy with the Leatherique.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts