Nissan Murano Forum banner

21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
It's the Valve Body

After taking my 05 back to the dealership for the second time, they were finally able to experience the problem. After a while they were able to pull the code P0868. Transmission fluid pressure low. This is referenced in bulletin ntb05-084a.

Long story short... replace the valve body. Get it done before 120,000 miles and it's under warranty.

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Did your check engine light come on for them to pull the P0868 code? I'm starting to think we have 2 different causes to the same hesitation failure mode. Either you have bad grounds, throttle body, or accelerator pedal or the valve body in the CVT is wearing out. Thus far, I have hesitation off and on when at a stand still trying to accelerate. When I notice this, I will have hesitation in all situations. A restart of the engine will resolve it temporarily. But...important part, I have yet to throw a code.

The other cause sounds like you're having hesitation while moving. Sound right?

·
Registered
9 Posts
No check engine light ever came on. The code came up while they had a Nissan laptop plugged into the car and they were driving it around. Hesitation only happened from a complete or near-complete stop. Once I got going it was fine... Until the next time I had to stop. I got the car back 2 days ago and the issue hasn't come back.

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
I have an appointment with Reliable Nissan here in Albuquerque to look at my issue. Has happened 2 days in a row and I"m worried. Talked to them, and the preliminary discussion indicated they would have to swap out the entire CVT!!! Not good for a 1 car family. :(

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
After digging into this more, to meet the TSB you have to experience the following:

1) Acceleration hesitation.
2) MIL light not on.
3) TCM stores a code of P0868.

Will hopefully have the TCM code stored so I can get it fixed. The other 2 conditions have already been met.

·
Registered
2,932 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
I'm having this exact issue :| Unfortunately, I'm at 140k! I thought it might have been due to plugs (Bosch). In the winter, I get what feels like a misfire under light acceleration at the conditions listed in an earlier post...

Is there a way for me to self-diagnose this issue better? I have symptoms which seem more like Warhammers first scenario (sluggish on acceleration from stop).

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Unfortunately, the only way to know for sure is to get the Transmission Control Module's (TCM's) codes read. And the only way to do that is by going to the dealership and using their Consult-II reader. The TCM's codes are read through the ECM with the tool. If you do have the code, then you'll have to figure out your next step.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Unfortunately, the only way to know for sure is to get the Transmission Control Module's (TCM's) codes read. And the only way to do that is by going to the dealership and using their Consult-II reader. The TCM's codes are read through the ECM with the tool. If you do have the code, then you'll have to figure out your next step.
Any shot a local shop will have a Consult-II reader?

·
Registered
2 Posts
2003 Nissan Murano

Here is my problem. On the highway car drives like a dream. Once the car is heated up and I come to a complete stop and try to accelerate I have to floor the gas pedal and then the car takes off. It is like it doesn't recognize that I've touched the gas pedal (nothing happens) so as a last resort I floor it and it takes off. I just purchased this car and I love it, but it looks like this is an issue for this car and if it is the transmission I would be out of luck because the car has 120,450 miles on it. Could somebody post how I should trouble shoot, and if it is the transmission can it be rebuilt and does the work have to be done by Nissan dealer. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
:confused::confused:

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
If you just purchased the car TAKE IT BACK AND RETURN IT!!!

You're just outside the warranty period and Nissan might not replace your CVT. You should have a warranty return period for the vehicle.

If you return it then go find another MO with lower miles that way you have some warranty period left!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hi Doctor! I'm having the same issue. How was your problem solved?? A relearn needs to be performed? This starts to happen to me when i changed the camshaft position sensor bank 1....the mech told me the sensor is original...but i didn't see it...i read in another post that somebody experienced the same when he put a non original camshaft position sensor....as soon as he bought the one from the dealer nissan it stopped!!...

Please i need some light...a poor woman in need of some direction...don't want to be scammed...!!

The problem is more like #1. It doesn't do this all the time, but enough to be annoying. The hesitation feeling is like the vehicle is jerking somewhat. It accelarates as I give it more gas, but acts as if it is not given enough fuel to get the job done. This is especially a problem when I go from a virtual idle and have to go up a slight incline. It jerks once or twice, and as the rpm's rise above 1500 or 2000, the car runs smoothly.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Following up with MY ISSUE, my transmission is bad and Nissan authorized to replace it! So many days guessing what could be happening and finally the problem was found...

For the one that already replaced the transmission, how long does it take to do that job? An estimate, please!! The dealer told me the transmission needs to be ordered (i live in Puerto Rico) and as soon as it arrives the job is gonna be done...almost a week without my mo and still counting the days... :..(

·
Registered
98 Posts
I realize this is an old thread, but now my Murano is an old car so..

I've had the problem where sometimes I press the gas pedal, especially from slow or a stop, and there is a 3+ second delay where nothing happens, then zoom, off I go.

I'm pretty sure it's not a part failing in my case. Because if I stop the engine and immediately restart it, the problem goes away!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi,

I'm had the same issue yesterday. I drove highway and stop and go for about 45 mins. I got off the highway and was waiting a left turn lane. I don't remember if I was at a complete stop but I think so, when i went to accelerate the RPM just sat at idle speed and the car didn't go anywhere. After fully depressing and pressing the pedel it limped along(didn't accelerate as fast as I was calling for with a strong depress) and got me to the front of the lane to a red light, after that went green the car worked fine.

I had no dash lights, no reponse in RPM to pedel. I just had a new CVT transmission put in under warranty which expires in under 8000kms so I'm pretty worried.

I just put new ignition coils in 2 weeks ago and did not do a idle relearn at that time.

This issue people are talking about with it being the CVT, does it's symptom always produce a dash light? Any suggestions?

8000 and counting... :-(

·
Registered
10 Posts
It just seems weird to me that a car that doesn't produce RPMs would be a CVT issue. CVT would wait a responce from the engine first and the engine isn't doing anything is my thinking. Does any know why this isn't so with the particular issue people have talked about earlier in this forum?

21 - 40 of 47 Posts
About this Discussion
46 Replies
19 Participants
Fellow Native
Nissan Murano Forum
We’re a community dedicated to Nissan Murano owners and enthusiasts. Discuss specs, safety rating, towing capacity and more!
Full Forum Listing