Nissan Murano Forum banner

41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,619 Posts
Every car "produces RPMs". I have no idea what that means.

CVTs are notoriously slow to react to acceleration from a dead stop, but 3+ seconds isn't right. I would suspect a problem with the electronic gas pedal sensor - perhaps it's failing and not sending information to the ECU as it should...? Might be worth checking for codes and for function.

My experience is that CVTs are quite good at accelerating once you hit 10 MPH or so, and my Murano was pretty quick from 20-60.

One idea that has been discussed here: when you want quick(er) acceleration, shift to the lowest gear range so the CVT doesn't have to take the time to select a drive ratio for you.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Haha sorry wrote that early in the morning my time. That didnt make any sense! I was just curious with what people have been say with no rpm being related to the CVT having a issue. I would have thought the engine with the RPMs would dictate what the transmission is going to do, not the other way around. I don't know enough about the relationship to know how a CVT can make a engine not have a RPM output.

How does someone test the function of the gas pedal sensor. Are there certain voltage values you should see or is more a have to hook up a computer type thing?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Any luck with solving the stalling problem. I have the exact same problem where after the car has stopped, pressing on the pedal does not move the car nor the rpm until for 2-3 seconds and then car shoots off and the rpm reached 4-5.

Unfortunately my murano is way past 120,000 miles warranty period. Any advice? Im sure many others have encountered and resolved this in the past. I wanted to know exactly what was done to fix this.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I still have the hesitation from a stop after the engine has had a good heat soak, e.g. sitting in traffic for a while.

I learned something interesting about it: if you shut off the engine and immediately restart it, the problem disappears. I think this is because when a car restarts, it does so in open loop. (See open loop, closed loop engine mode). This means the problem is with a bad sensor that is ignored during open loop but used in closed loop mode.

It's not the MAF, as I just replaced that. Above in this thread is a bad TB, most likely one of the closed loop sensors that in there. The TPS is not one of these sensors so it rules that out.

What closed loop sensors are in the TB?

·
Registered
98 Posts
I just replaced the ETB (electronic throttle body) and did the three part relearn procedure and the car has a lot more power. Will have to wait for a chance to test it after heat soak (e.g. driving in heavy traffic) which has triggered the hesitation problem before.

Something unexpected: the throttle body I took out said "remanufactured" on it, from a car that was delivered in the Fall of 2002, so this is most likely not the original ETB. I've had the car since 2007.

BTW- The throttle bodies for this car are cheap, I bought a brand new one for about $140, and the replacement work is easy enough for even novice mechanics.

Suggest also buying a new TB to intake gasket, as it is a crush style gasket.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My wife has a 2012 murano. It sarted to bog down when it reached around or over 2000 rpms. I thought it was transmission. Its not. Then i thought it was injectors and plugs. Its not. So i had looked on this site reading about what others have tried. I had tried and followed what others have done. I had read one post where they said to check battery. Which made sense. Everything is mainly all electric. Then i had read where someone had said to clean your throttle body and your MAF sensor. Which i did. While in this process, i had found a couple of rips in my intake air duct hose which is located between the throttle body and the air filter. I had used some duct tape to cover the holes. Run better than new...until the tape got hot and fell off. Then her vehicle started to bog down big time. So i had replaced the tape with more tape and ran like a dream until the part came in. I had called around and everyone was asking $150 - 250 for this part to be ordered. Way too much. I had ordered one from Amazon. Costed me $32 and some change. Now my wifes vehicle runs better than new. I hope this info helps everyone and many thanks for all the blogs that had led me to correct this issue.
51CQ8EwY7KL._AC_SY400_.jpg

·
Registered
2 Posts
Any luck with solving the stalling problem. I have the exact same problem where after the car has stopped, pressing on the pedal does not move the car nor the rpm until for 2-3 seconds and then car shoots off and the rpm reached 4-5.

Unfortunately my murano is way past 120,000 miles warranty period. Any advice? Im sure many others have encountered and resolved this in the past. I wanted to know exactly what was done to fix this.
Check out my post. Maybe this would help. The intake to the air filter is like one big vacuum line. Make sure there is No air leaks in between.

41 - 47 of 47 Posts
About this Discussion
46 Replies
19 Participants
Fellow Native
Nissan Murano Forum
We’re a community dedicated to Nissan Murano owners and enthusiasts. Discuss specs, safety rating, towing capacity and more!
Full Forum Listing