Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You have proven that SAT button works. I and others have shown that you can get the Bose tweeters to work (BY REPLACING THEM), but there's one more burning issue...

Does Satellite radio work in Canada?

Did you have to go through some BS, or was it no problem? I'm just curious..

Rob

·
4,664 Posts
You have to be American to subscribe to the service, but XM is applying to provide service in Canada. My American cousin's receiver works great here... ;)

As far as receiving the signals, while there is some control of where the signal goes, southern Ontario is further south than much of the US, so we get great coverage. Radio signals are notorious for ignoring political boundaries.... :D

·
5,268 Posts
i thought that all Canadians are Americans. Don't you live in (North) America? :D

·
Registered
466 Posts
Uh oh! You just opened up a whole new can of worms. From the places I have been in Canada (Alberta), those people are very patriotic, rightfully so. To call them American will start a town riot in some cases as they like to be linked to the French most of the time. Americans are not welcomed in some places either...

·
5,268 Posts
I have a lot of friends from north of the border...........all of them have great sense of humor....so, I will take a risk.....and will not delete the post......;)

·
Registered
466 Posts
Agree! It's fun on a board like this. Some of the Native's don't play though....neither do some of the people with a heavy French background...:2:

Cheers!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey..Dookie...just a political comment from a Canadian friend... Western Canadians are very patriotic as you stated but we relate to our American friends in politics/economics moreso than our eastern Canadian "partners" particulary the French (Quebec), who are always trying to separate from the rest of Canada...I think you would be hard pressed to find a place in Western Canada that is not friendly towards Americans...our current Prime Minister(from Quebec)will be replaced in two weeks and the new Prime Minister says his #1 priority is to improve Canada / U.S. relations...come and visit anytime..

·
4,664 Posts
Well, we're all Americans, but unfortunately, to most people that term means from the US, so we have to say we're Canadians...

I joke with my American work associates and just say we're nice Americans without guns...

I also enjoy asking them how the weather is, up there in Portland, as Toronto's further south!

Overall, there's great people and idiots in both countries, so it's easy to justify whatever stance you'd like, if you pick the right (or wrong) people....

But there are things unique to both countries, and I enjoy them all!:D

·
Registered
466 Posts
buck said:
Hey..Dookie...just a political comment from a Canadian friend... Western Canadians are very patriotic as you stated but we relate to our American friends in politics/economics moreso than our eastern Canadian "partners" particulary the French (Quebec), who are always trying to separate from the rest of Canada...I think you would be hard pressed to find a place in Western Canada that is not friendly towards Americans...our current Prime Minister(from Quebec)will be replaced in two weeks and the new Prime Minister says his #1 priority is to improve Canada / U.S. relations...come and visit anytime..
I go to a town called Cold Lake, about 3 hours north of Edmonton every year and I would say about half of the people dislike us...

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Well, half of Canada comes down here to Ft Myers in the winter (And they SAY they like cold weather ;) ) and we love em.
They are a great group of people.

I will have to admit that they are different however.
It starts with the fact that their women are rugged and their men are pretty, and goes on from there.......

Homer

·
Registered
466 Posts
hfelknor said:
Well, half of Canada comes down here to Ft Myers in the winter (And they SAY they like cold weather ;) ) and we love em.
They are a great group of people.

I will have to admit that they are different however.
It starts with the fact that their women are rugged and their men are pretty, and goes on from there.......

Homer
Very true.(About the people being nice.) Of the people that I have run into that seem to like us, they are very welcoming and friendly. I don't think I've ever come across someone inbetween the two..

Now the part about the manly women, I thought that was just up where I was because it was so cold up there....haha. There are some good looking girls up there too...just like anywhere else...

·
5,268 Posts
Having worked on 3 continents and in many countries I met many great people. You will find them everywhere.........unfortunately there are also some b.. s tough not too many of them.

People with great sense of humor are everywhere, and this forum is no exception. I visit it frequently not only to get some technical information, but for the people. Let's keep it that way.:)

jaak,
I am like you - a subject of her...you know the rest. It just happened that I am living here........;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts