Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
4,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I told them to phone the Dodge dealer that took it as a trade-in...

I also told them I got sick of waiting for them to come in, which is why I no longer have a Murano.

Fabulous vehicle. But Nissan needs to get their stuff together. Must be 6 weeks waiting for parts after it took them a week to do nothing with the vehicle.

I've ordered special parts on my Magnum to add the voice operated integrated bluetooth system and got them from the US to Canada in only 3 days. Thank you Daimler Chysler. It works great. Love the integrated display as well, in the radio and seeing the incoming phone numbers.

Dropping in the navigation radio this weekend. Four screws and two connectors. Sigh... Nissan, you could do so much better!

·
Premium Member
2,049 Posts
Well, it looks like Nissan is $35k short and 2 weeks late eh?

brilliant.....

·
4,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, it's a shame really because I love the Murano... To have it tarnished with lousy response times, sucks.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Just curious jaak... what parts were you waiting on? Just wanted to know if case I had an issue like whatever yours was.

·
4,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh, nothing major, just the CVT because it was dripping fluid.

When they changed the transfer case, the dealer (bless them) asked Nissan if they were permitted to change the CVT as one damages the other when it cracks, often. Nissan said, no, being the cheap @^#% they are, only to have me go back and tell the dealer that I was really getting sick of the Murano ruining my driveway.

So they went back and it was put on order.

I asked the question....

IF IT'S A KNOWN PROBLEM, WHY DO YOU NOT STOCK THE TRANSMISSION IN NORTH AMERICA?

Which was faced with a blank stare and a shrug, then the admission that it would make sense to do so.

My Chrysler/Dodge dealer apologied for being one day late on a 3 day wait for some parts for my new vehicle. (I did an option update of some of the electronics already. You know me...)

Night and Day... It's such a shame, I love the Murano and these ijits at Nissan North America are spoiling a beautiful thing.

·
Major Geek
636 Posts
jaak said:
Dropping in the navigation radio this weekend. Four screws and two connectors. Sigh... Nissan, you could do so much better!
The navigation radio??! Obviously I'm familiar with your technical nature and amateur radio background, but "navigation radio" sounds like a GPS receiver -- like they include the software, but the actual GPS receiver is installed separately. Obviously, that's not the case, so the only other thing I can think of would be something like Acura's live traffic monitoring system.

So.. what, pray tell, is the navigation radio that you need to install??

Oh, and the bt phone integration sounds awesome, like transfering your contact list to the car in a Prius. Any word on Denison ICE>Link iPod integration? Every time I ride in my friend's 330xi I'm tempted to trade the Mo. OTOH they only get to see Nav *or* radio details, not both at once.

·
Premium Member
2,049 Posts
LOL Uncadano---my buddy from England uses the exact phrase.

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Here is the Navigation Radio by Alpine.

Homer

DVD-Based Navigation Radio Debuts on Select Chrysler, Dodge' and Jeep® Vehicles

RB1 Navigation Radio is among a family of navigation systems to debut on Chrysler Group vehicles

Auburn Hills, Mich. - If your sense of adventure leads you to a different city, local hot spot or favorite off-road site, Chrysler Group's new RB1 Navigation Radio can take you there quickly, safely and accurately no matter where you are headed in the United States. Coinciding with the introduction of the 2004 Chrysler Pacifica navigation system this past spring, the RB1 Navigation Radio is among a family of Chrysler Group navigation offerings to make its debut as both a Mopar® dealer-installed option and as a factory-installed option on select Chrysler, Dodge and Jeep® vehicles.

The RB1 Navigation Radio is offered as a Mopar dealer-installed option on the following Chrysler Group 2004 model year vehicles:

Chrysler - PT Cruiser, 300M, Concorde, Sebring Sedan, Sebring Convertible, Pacifica, Town & Country

Dodge - SRT-4, Stratus Sedan, Intrepid, Caravan, Grand Caravan, Dakota, Ram, Viper

Jeep - Liberty, Grand Cherokee.

The system is available as a factory-installed option on the 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee and Chrysler 300M. Factory-installation cost varies from $1,200 - $1,595 based on equipment package and content. Pricing for the dealer-installed version of the RB1 Navigation Radio is $1,595 (suggested retail price) plus labor.

"Whether you're planning a vacation route, looking for a restaurant to have dinner, or searching for the nearest ATM machine to pay for the dinner, the RB1 Navigation Radio is intuitive and easy to use," said Jack Withrow, Director, Vehicle Entertainment and Communications for the Chrysler Group. "With the use of global positioning satellites, the system effectively calculates the quickest and most accurate route. It also immediately redirects the vehicle should you veer off your path ? you may never have to stop and ask for directions again."

The RB1 Navigation Radio system is housed in the center of the vehicle dashboard, which allows for easy access for both the driver and passenger. The 4.2-inch full-color display features AM/FM stereo, CD player and navigation system in one unit.

Utilizing voice commands, the system guides the user through the drive route, mile by mile, turn-by-turn until the final destination is reached. Destinations can be entered into the system eight different ways and the screen can be viewed as a detailed map or enlarged to be viewed turn-by-turn. When coupled with Sirius Satellite Radio, the stream listing, stream category, song title, and artist can be viewed on the system's display screen.

Chrysler Group selected Alpine Electronics, a supplier of high-performance mobile electronics systems, to provide the navigation unit, GPS antenna, and map database information. The map database information is housed on a single DVD-ROM based on NAVTECH data.

This single DVD solution contains mapping, points of interest and business phone numbers across the U.S. (where digitized mapping data and information are available). The single DVD solution eliminates the need to handle and store multiple discs required in CD-based solutions. In addition, route calculations can be made quickly with Alpine's proprietary software algorithms which provide routing information within 10 seconds. This is crucial when a driver misses a turn and needs an immediate re-route.

The navigation system receives its GPS or global positioning system signals, from up to eight satellites to display the position and direction of the vehicle. A gyroscope and the vehicle's speed sensor enable the system to display the present vehicle position even in locations where a GPS signal may not be available. When a destination is entered, the navigation system uses data from the DVD to quickly calculate a route.

Attachments

·
4,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Homer, that's one of them, but not mine...

Here's mine:

It's referred to as the REC radio and is a 6 disc MP3/CD changer, AM/FM radio, with provisions for Sirius satellite and Vehicle Entertainment System inputs (DVD player and display) as well as the navigation system built in.

It displays caller ID, battery strength, message waiting indicator and text message indicator on the display, as well as giving voice commands and integrating with the Uconnect bluetooth handsfree with voice commands. The Navigation also sends the directions to the EVIC display, just below the speedo. It's a graphical display that will give an arrow and the street name for your next turn, with a distance.

Navigation Radio? Because it's Navigation and a Radio, in one box.

Ijits? Yeah, my mum's Australian born, but grew up in England, and my Dad's family is all English. So the stuff doesn't have to travel far. (Notice I say "mum" not "mom".) I haven't used ijit in years, but I thought it was appropriate here, because they are.

·
Registered
781 Posts
To keep this close to the topic...

Our local Dodge dealer has a Charger SRT8. I feel that fits us a touch better than the Magnum (well it fits the garage better :) ). It has come up in casual conversation. :)

Ijit - I haven't heard that word in a long time. I have a few people deserving of hearing that.

Mum...there was a guy I worked with from the East coast. I'd tease him about it. I now work with a guy that is in charge of 'datar' (data for those in the midwest - or anywhere else but Boston).

·
4,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I looked at the Charger as well, but the trunk opening is too small for my needs (plus the Magnum is a better sleeper).

The Charger, Magnum and 300 are all the same car, with different body panels. When they're built, there's no way you can tell them apart by the floor panels, it's only when they start to put the sides on that it becomes obvious.

I finally let someone else drive it yesterday. My brother-in-law. He was absolutely blown away by it's performance and is now craving one like a junkie looking for a fix.

When I dropped him off, he was still trying to absorb how fast this thing is and how smart the ESP is.

GM, don't test drive that SRT8. Trust me, it's the beginning of the end... (and when you ignore my advice, don't take your wife unless she likes to go fast.)

·
Registered
781 Posts
Heh, my wife likes speed AND knows how to drive a manual tranny! I'm not sure what we're gonna do. I just want something fun to drive. She's given the okay on a G35 coupe as long as we keep the 4runner. I looked at a 350Z convertable yesterday :)

I stopped and checked the Charger SRT8 - $45K as it sits on the lot. A touch more than I''m willing to spend. I also am eagerly awaiting the Grand Cherokee SRT8.

We still have a year on the Murano lease. I'm hoping to stick with a Nissan product to see if they'll move us in to a purchase without getting destroyed for ending the lease early. Worst thing that happens is we drive the Murano for another year :)

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
If I bought that 350Z vert I would have to go the big bucks and have the Maximum Optima red top installed.

I just know I would sit out in the garage just making that magic top go up and down............... :D

Dodge is asking WAY too much for the Charger.
And so, I think it will die an unnatural death and be an orphan.

Homer

·
Registered
629 Posts
GMTURBO43 said:
I now work with a guy that is in charge of 'datar' (data for those in the midwest - or anywhere else but Boston).
ROFL... "datar"....

I had to explain Boston-ese to my fiancee when we travelled back for a couple weeks in November. She thought I was kidding. Then when we were sitting with some old friends of the family, one of them mentions "kahluar" and Julie just about hit the floor laughing. That was the running joke for the entire time that we were there. :)

Chowder = chowdah, but kahlua = kahluar.

LOL!!!

Ok, now, back on topic. *ahem*

·
Registered
781 Posts
special-k said:

Ok, now, back on topic. *ahem*
Eh, it's Jaak's topic and he doesn't even own a Murano anymore ;)

What's funny is that he has lived in Chicago for 10 years or more. I don't notice his accent on anything else but words ending in 'a' have an 'r' sound. He's in charge of backups - so datar comes out a lot :)

·
Registered
781 Posts
Homer,

It was funny - I never really considered a ragtop Z (or any other softtop, really) but I was going through the used Zs and it was one of the 2 that was black and a 6-speed.

And then I started thinkin, well if you're gonna do a 2-seater...

I think if we get a convertable my wife is gonna start looking at the SC430 :rolleyes:

The base Charger isn't too bad. The SRT8 starts at 38K - which isn't THAT bad. We'll see what another year holds.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts