Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
4,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, what the heck is going on with you guys and gals!!!

I've hardly been around for like half a year, and likely forgotten as dead by most, I'm still leading the post count!

Get with the plan!!! LOL!!! ;)

Seriously, I thought for sure I'd be creamed by Eric by now. Looks like it's going to happen soon.

I still look at every Murano I see and smile. Still love it and still think about you guys. Still have my NissanMurano.org sticker on my desk.

But of course, I've been busy elsewhere talking to (believe it or not) another group of people almost as nice! Been to a number of meet and greets, and even ended up in a car show by accident!

But I still don't have a CVT!

Anyway, thought I'd pop my head in and say HI! Hope life is good for all...

jaak AKA Jim:D

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
4,994 Posts
Hello High Torque Jim

:)

·
4,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LOL! Hi Don! Hope the family is doing well, and you of course!

Yeah, Hi torque is right... Funny how the rear tires tend to wear quickly on this car!

Yesterday I had some fun with a Meet and Greet I set up at Legendary Motorcar, the people that do Dream Car Garage. We did a tour of their facilities, and it was a lot of fun!

Still having fun with the SRT...

Attachments

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Hey jaak, good to see that you are still on the right side of the grass. :D

Yes, the post counts at the top keep building, albeit maybe not as fast.
Whole other group of guys are here now and many have taken up the challenge to help, especially since there are some important differences between the newest cars and the "old" ones.
And of course there are a few who just have to participate in most threads (If only to say nothing) to raise their post counts. Some are so transparent as to be laughable. :2:
Oh well, if it helps their mental heath........ :rolleyes:

Any chances to check out DCs warranty program? How do they treat you?

Homer

·
4,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey Homer, still love the gold Murano's and they're so rare!!! So it's great to see the picture in your sig.

The key to service is finding the right dealer. And I've found one that's very good, so I'm in good hands.

So far I've had my brake pads replaced to fix a squeal, and oil changes.

Just drive and smile, it's been good! Of course it's still pretty young, so we'll see how it goes. And in case 425 HP isn't enough, there's a couple of companies that have produced supercharger kits. So far, I haven't really needed it.

Like the Murano, my curiousity has me digging in to it's guts, which as produced some interesting discoveries. So I've got some ideas in mind for modifications.

But mostly, I'm just driving it and enjoying... I find I have almost the same amount of room in the back that my Murano gave me, which is good. It's interesting, the thing is like a low SUV!

Now yesterday, after looking at all the beautiful restored muscle cars, I came to the conclusion that I've got one of the best muscle cars right now. While an old 'Cuda, GTO, Camaro, Shelby Mustang, etc are beautiful to look at, they just don't have the creature comforts and safety features of my modern muscle car.

It's taken my craving away from wanting an old one! I love to look at them, but I don't want to one.... Now a new Challenger? That's another story!

·
Premium Member
2,049 Posts
Hey jaak!

Wasaaaaaaaaaa.....

I don't think we'll eva forget ya buddy.

:D

·
4,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nor me, you guys!!!

I tell you, if you ever get a chance to do some Murano Meet & Greets, do it! It's a heck of a lot of fun!

If any of you guys ever find yourself here, let me know, and I'll buy you a coffee. Just PM me, as it emails me to make sure I know.

I had fun when I sold my spare set of SL wheels, looking at the new Murano! It's still such a sweet ride...:D

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
jaak jaak jaak

don't worry, we still blame you (and only you) whenever something goes wrong here! :D :D :D

Enjoy the ride in the SRT-8 - a red one like yours blew by me today and all I could say was "WICKED!"

·
4,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Blow by is appropriate! You can pass it at the gas station!

You can tell if it's me. I slow down for Muranos and look.... :D

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
jaak said:
OK, what the heck is going on with you guys and gals!!!

I've hardly been around for like half a year, and likely forgotten as dead by most, I'm still leading the post count!
Get with the plan!!! LOL!!! ;)
jaak AKA Jim:D
Guilty as charged and feeling guilty on two counts. I have had a career change meaning I was forced out of my old job with a retirement package and a gun to my head. I started a new career and my free time evaporated.
Second count is a good one. The MO is acting flawlessly. No problems, no noises, no issues. So the fact I have nothing to B*tch about and the "new" factor has somewhat diminished, well, I guess that has also kept me at bay.
You guys are still the best!
Bob1

·
4,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah, just 'cause it's a Dodge doesn't mean I like it... The LX cars, 300, Charger, Magnum, have a lot of Daimler in them.

Good to hear from you Bob! Glad the MO's rock solid!!!

The custom plate? The Magnum got lucky. That plate was bought for the Murano!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
jaak said:
Good to hear from you Bob! Glad the MO's rock solid!!!

Right back at ya!!
Yeah the MO is solid. I had the one tire issue that Nissan took care of. It's still a fun car to drive but I'm no longer the new kid on the block. When I bought my MO Dec 27,2003, there had been exactly one other MO in my town. The other day I pulled into a small shopping center. You know the grocery anchor store and the sprinkling of the small stores, not a big giant lot yet there were four, count em, four other MO's in the lot.

·
4,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah and take a look around at how many copy cat vehicles there are now!

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
ohh jaak how nice it is to hear from you again, although you shouldn't be responding cuz then we'll never catch up to your post count hahah.the sequal pearly MO is keepin us happy still and it's getting some more zoom zoom slowly, maybe checking into getting a custom exhaust done this week.

i'm also trying to get my dad into the caliber srt4 when it comes out to get rid of his gas hog 99 gmc sierra. if things work out, i'll be having fun with it also haha.

·
4,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well, I could just keep adding responses to the first post! LOL!

Good to hear from you! It's been way too long... :D

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
Good to hear from you jaak.

Now for my yap, did they stop the shifter thing at the border? :D

·
4,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Funny you mention that... It's still sitting here in my desk drawer... I completely forgot about it (sorry) as I didn't want to send it without attaching the wires at the end of the board.

I'll see if if I can squeak it out this week and mail it to you, then follow up with the connections.

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
jaak-

Is that your car in your avatar smoking the tires? If so, that has got to be a damn nice feeling to let 'em loose like that.

-njjoe

·
4,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
njjoe said:
jaak-

Is that your car in your avatar smoking the tires? If so, that has got to be a damn nice feeling to let 'em loose like that.

-njjoe
Yes, that's it....

Yes, it's a blast!

Yes it does donuts too.

And it won't let me do any of that if the ESP is turned on, as it's incredibly smart.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts