Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just in time for Ski season............well maybe not.

But they apparently ARE available.

here is the Ebay ad from a Nissan dealer.

http://tinyurl.com/3a6ur

I wonder when the last 2003 accessory will be made available?

Homer

·
5,268 Posts
hm....I thought you live in Florida...........:D

·
4,664 Posts
Yeah, Water Skis...

So where's the Nissan Accessory Queen on this one. I thought for sure we would have had a news flash...;)

"Hey Joe... Remember when we were playing cards in the wharehouse and it turned out the box we were playing on, was filled with those SAT harnesses everyone was looking for?"

"Yeah, Bob, I remember that. Wasn't that just too funny?"

"Yeah, I almost split a gut. Man, how many letters did we send out, saying they didn't exist? Anyway, you know those long boxes we set up like sofas on either side?"

"Uhuh..."

"They're the roof racks everyone's been looking for... Chuckle.. Can you believe we did it again!"

"Oh, stop it, I'm crying, I'm laughing so hard...."

:21:

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Jaak, they were going to make an announcement, but when they did that with the chrome wheels, people started ordering them, and depleting inventory.
They weren't about to make that mistake again.

Homer

·
4,664 Posts
DOH!

After all, what would they sit on then?:D

Anything left to release, or is that all, finally?

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I believe that they still owe us a cable assy and Nissan part # for 2003 muranos that will allow SAT.

Last I heard, the official postion was that it wouldn't work, there was no cable, etc.

OR have they finally come around?

Can I go to my dealer here in Ft Myers and have it installed? (THey previously told me that they had been told by NNA that no such cable or orcedure existed)

And I guess the DVD really cannot be retrofitted into a 2003?

Homer

·
4,664 Posts
Wow, I didn't realise they were still willing to lie! Sounds like someone from Japan needs to fly over and fire some behinds...

·
Registered
564 Posts
Will these things be adjustable across the length of the roof rails are are they fixed in a single location? Can't see on a Murano where they would be able to slide. I'm thinking that regardless of availability, I may just stick with Yakima for price, versatility, etc.

Jim C.
2004 MO - on order.

·
NO-MO-SNOW
902 Posts
I read somewhere that these are fixed in position.

·
Registered
255 Posts
They are definetly fixed. You can see where they would mount on the rails by finding the screws on the inside.

I love my Yakima LowRider rails, they are a little more expensive than the Nissan ones, but they are adjustable, and easy to put on and remove. The Nissan ones looks like they would take a minimum of an hour to install/remove as they are screwed into the rail.

Personnally I think the Murano looks better without crossbars, which is why I like the Yaks. Most of the time they are in storage, but I can put them on in 5 minutes whenever I need them.

·
Registered
20 Posts
:2:

My crossbars just arrived! Can't wait until the weekend!

·
Registered
180 Posts
Up here in the frozen tundra, we've had the cross bars available for some time, although not the "Nissan" cross bars like these -- they're Nissan-badged Yakima bars. Granted, they're not as integrated as these, nor are they that sophisticated in terms of their mounting hardware, but they are adjustable and removable. To me, this is an important feature -- I only install them when I need them. Others on this site have installed some Thule bars and they look impressive -- also adjustable and a much more modern-looking mounting system. Of course, they're also about twice the price.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hey - My crossbars just came in and I was able to install them last weekend. They look nice but not as beefy as I had expected. The install was a breeze.

One unexpected benefit though - the wind buffeting when I have my sunroof open all the way is GONE! It used to be that I would only open my sunroof 3/4 of the way when driving on the freeway but now, I can open it all the way and no problem at all. Kinda weird since the front crossbar is still behind the sunroof.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts