Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Murano auto lock fwd comes on very often guy do you think there is a malfunction with something else that’s causing that to happened 3 to 4 times in a 10 mile stretch

·
Registered
207 Posts
My Murano auto lock fwd comes on very often guy do you think there is a malfunction with something else that’s causing that to happened 3 to 4 times in a 10 mile stretch
Can you provide more detail on what you mean by "auto lock fwd"

·
Registered
207 Posts
Did you perhaps mean your AWD light comes on? If so, are all your tires the same brand, size and wear time and inflated to the same pressure? If not, correct ASAP, or you may have an expensive transfer case repair bill soon...

·
Super Moderator
7,630 Posts
Did you perhaps mean your AWD light comes on? If so, are all your tires the same brand, size and wear time and inflated to the same pressure? If not, correct ASAP, or you may have an expensive transfer case repair bill soon...
This is a really good idea. If the tires are mismatched or different sizes, your AWD system could be in big trouble.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Can you provide more detail on what you mean by "auto lock fwd"
It’s an automatic fwd Nissan Murano witch means the fwd shifts from auto to lock mode depending on your driving conditions but it’s coming on too often and when it do if you turn sharp corner it could break your diff or transfer case

·
Registered
207 Posts
It’s an automatic fwd Nissan Murano witch means the fwd shifts from auto to lock mode depending on your driving conditions but it’s coming on too often and when it do if you turn sharp corner it could break your diff or transfer case
I've never heard of a FWD Murano having any kind of lock mode, are you sure it's a front wheel drive (FWD) Murano and not an all wheel drive (AWD) Murano?

·
Registered
290 Posts
Deago, I think you may be thinking that "FWD" means four-wheel drive when here in the U.S. it actually means front-wheel drive (i.e. only the the two front wheels propel the car). The Nissan Murano uses either an FWD or All-Wheel Drive (AWD) drivetrain.

Nevertheless, if the AWD Lock is engaging when it should not then that's very bad and needs to be corrected as soon as possible. Have you scanned the Transfer Case Control Module (TCCM) for trouble codes? Usually, the TCCM will pick up on an abnormally functioning AWD system although typically the AWD lamp (and perhaps the VDC lamp) on the dash will stay illuminated .

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've never heard of a FWD Murano having any kind of lock mode, are you sure it's a front wheel drive (FWD) Murano and not an all wheel drive (AWD) Murano?
It is an all wheel drive but with fwd lock
But the fwd lock is coming on too often is the any way of disabled it or make it lest sensitive

·
Registered
207 Posts
It is an all wheel drive but with fwd lock
But the fwd lock is coming on too often is the any way of disabled it or make it lest sensitive
Where are you located?

What is the condition of your tires (see details above in previous reply)?

Have you scanned for error codes as mentioned above?

·
Super Moderator
7,630 Posts
The first thing to do in all cases is have codes read.

Do that and report any codes, please.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
4 Participants
Pilgrim
Nissan Murano Forum
We’re a community dedicated to Nissan Murano owners and enthusiasts. Discuss specs, safety rating, towing capacity and more!
Full Forum Listing