Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just found your site and thought I'd drop in.
Owner of a new 04-mo, pewter with about 300 miles.
I thumbed down about 10 pages to see how the problems are going.
I'm happy to report all seems OK with mine but something is bugging me. I had about 4 different times when driving at a slow speed, I heard a noise that sound as if a tire threw a small rock or pebble into the wheel well.
I checked around and I know there is a TSB on a noise that may be loose steering bolt. Not sure what type of noise I'm supposed to hear if it is the steering bolt. (bang, ping, grind???) Is it only the 03 that had this TSB?
I called the dealer and they said they need to duplicate the noise (whatever noise that is) in order to perform a TSB.
Now its pretty hard to duplicate a noise that was last heard one time in the last 3 days.
Anyone out there experience anything that sounds like a rock hitting the wheel well?
Thanks Bob

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
Another symptom of the loose steering rack bolt is bad wheel alignment. If your steering wheel is crooked, then the dealership doesn't need to hear the pop to do the TSB.

·
Registered
136 Posts
My MO had the steering rack bolt adjustment. The noise was a thump when turning hard at slow speed. The alignment was fine both before and after the fix.

Welcome!

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the feedback

Thanks to XOC and Eric for your replys, This website is outstanding.
Wife reported hearing noise twice today, she now said more like a loud click. Steering wheel is straight but going to check that steering bolt as you did (XOC).
I'll let you know the result.

·
4,664 Posts
Another possible cause is the brake pads. They float a fair bit. If you back up, put on the brakes and then go forward, the first time you brake, you may hear a click as the pads shift forward. I only notice it when the window's open...

I also recall some had a noise from the rear suspension.

Just a couple of other ideas...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts