Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, just thought i say wassup to everyone.

I have an '04 Polished Pewter Murano SL.
And unfortuneately after a week and a half from my purchase, the city of austin received a major hail storm.
I am still waiting for my insurance to give me a PDR (paintless dent repair) estimate.

I was also wondering if the Muranos have any Brushed Aluminum or stainless steel Cargo Racks. My racks were heavily damaged from the hail storm.

Thanks Guys,
Matt

·
Registered
763 Posts
atxmatt - Welcome, congratulations & condolences all in one.

I don't remember seeing any racks like your looking for, but I like the black on the SS.

Keep us updated on the extent, cost & what you think of the dent repair.
Living in Kansas we get heavy hail storms pretty regular, right before the tornado's!
If one doesn't get you the other will. :4:

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
Welcome and sorry for the early loss. Let's hope it will be only fun from here on...:)

·
Registered
95 Posts
HI Matt,

Just wanted to say WELCOME.

We had a major hail storm here a few months ago. It did lots of damage to a local car dealership. I think 600 out of about 700 cars were damaged. They had a BIG sale after that. My sister got a great deal on a car. The car she bought only had a few dimples on the hood, you couldn't see them unless you really looked close. Also, at the Walmart across the street a girl had a new convertible she had bought 5 weeks before that. It totaled it. Broke out the headlights,taillights, beat it up really bad. Tore up the top. Really sad.

I hope you can get it repaired at a reasonable rate. There are still lots of people doing hail damage repairs around here.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I just got my Mo fixed with PDR from hail damage($900) 17 dents on roof and about 15 on hood and a couple on the upper sides of the car. They had to remove the headliner to fix the roof. good has new, took about 4 hrs

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hello, all. I've been lurking for a while, researching for a purchase around the end of the year.

Matt, I'm also in Austin, and I wanted to see if you purchased here in town, how was your dealer experience, do you feel like you got a good deal, etc. We don't have a whole lot of choices in the immediate area...

I feel lucky that I've managed to avoid the couple of recent hailstorms, just hoping to keep my Maxima in good shape so I can trade it in...

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How's it going guys, thanks for the welcome.

Hey droo

I visit all 3 dealers in our area: south point nissan, town north nissan, and round rock nissan.

I purchased mines from Round Rock Nissan. I visit the other 2 dealers but they gave me an awful deal, and when i talked to the sales rep, they were uneducated about the cars they are selling. I did some research before i bought mine to see what the murano was all about. I got mines for:
$26,400
2004 Murano
17,700 Miles
2wd
Full Black Leather
Sunroof
Xenon.

I think I got a great deal on mines. Because most places wanted at least 28,000 before ttl.

I'm a happy camper.

But you know when you deal with those sales rep, you gotta know what you want and you have to know what you are talking about, otherwise, they overpower you!

Here's a couple of pics of mines...

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
In these pictures even a Yugo would have looked nice! Great photos. I wish I could take pictures like that...:)

·
Registered
982 Posts
Nice angle on those pictures. Was that before the storm or after? If it is after, that would explain why you took the pictures of the bottom of the vechicle. : ) Seriously... nice job & welcome to the Murano family. Now to personalize it.....

·
4,601 Posts
Wecome! I see you've joined the other obsessed Murano owners, as your pride in it is not only demonstrated by your presence, the pictures, but also the cleaning materials still sitting on the driveway in the pictures!

Ahh.... Murano owners in love...:p

·
Registered
763 Posts
atxmatt - I always like to ask, so what's going to be your first mod?

Nice :cool: shine in the pics!

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
KSmurano said:
atxmatt - I always like to ask, so what's going to be your first mod?
If I were him, my first mod would be the removal of that dealer logo. Yet another pet peeve of mine. I HATE those things, especially on such a nice looking ride.

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
Originally posted by Mr3Putt If I were him, my first mod would be the removal of that dealer logo. Yet another pet peeve of mine. I HATE those things, especially on such a nice looking ride.
Many years ago I owned a chevy that had a dealer logo on it. The logo looked so nice that when it fell off the car after a few years, I went back to the dealer and asked for a new one to be put on......:confused:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well guys, the car still hasn't been fixed from the hail storm yet because we got hit so hard the insurance was stacked with customers. So i have an appointment this thursday for an estimate and its been 3 weeks since the hail. Sucks to purchase the sharp looking murano and drive it for a week and a half and then have it banged up by mother nature.. hehe.. No big deal i suppose the PDR guys are amazing here..

Anyways, first mod: well i actually just put a system into it with a street wires amp kit, audiobahn A8200T 2 Ch 800W amp and 2 Audiobahn AW102T 450w rms each 10" Subs.

But what i really wanted next was 22" wheels. I wanted to do it so bad, i just been researching a lot of muranos to see the right offset, size, and such. Here's the rims i been eyeing for a long time and here's a photoshopped picture that i created:

22"x9.5" D'Vinci Blade 2

·
Registered
34 Posts
Sweet! That's pretty much exactly what I want - 2wd, Pewter/Platinum, charcoal interior, sunroof pkg - except I'm not sure about the leather. I love the look and feel, but Texas summers and black leather can be brutal...

Thanks a bunch for the info, that helps. I don't feel like I did very well when I bought my Maxima at South Point a couple of years ago, probably as much my fault as anyone's. I guess it does all boil down to the sales guy, since Round Rock and Town North are both Maxwell dealerships, and you feel like one was noticeably better than the other.

The MO seems to hold its value so well, I'm torn between doing just what you did - finding an '04 with under 20K to save a little cash - or biting the bullet and trying to make a deal on a new one at maybe $500 under invoice with their low interest rate offers. Still haven't quite decided.

Got any photos of the new amp and subs install? And you were able to wire them into the existing system? The first 2 things I do when I get a new vehicle are 1) hit the tint shop and 2) see what I can do for aftermarket sound.

Thanks again for the info.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
hey there droo

I'm actually getting my 2 front windows tinted next tuesday to match the factory tints except not as dark but rather a 35%.

Also the guy from Town North Nissan called me today and told me he had some hail damage muranos for sale, if you do get something ilke that, i can hook you up with a great deal to have your vehicle fixed by PDR (paintless dent repair),.

I will have pics of my system up later, but not at this moment. Let me know if you need anly help.

-Matt

·
Registered
132 Posts
Hi Matt and Droo,
Nice to see some ATX people on the board. I think I've only seen one other local person post.

Anyway, I've been busy with work, so haven't had a chance to check in on the forum. Wanted to give my two cents...

I purchased my MO from the Nissan dealer out in Temple. I knew I wanted an SE (blue, charcoal leather, cold pkg, etc) and none of the Austin dealers had anything in stock. The Temple dealership was nice and worked well with me on the price. They had been using the MO as a courtesy vehicle (guess they wanted to show off all the bells and whistles), so it almost had 2k miles when I purchased it.

Anyway, my primary service dealership has been the one in RR. They have always been professional and very quick. I have never had a problem with them. I don't live that far north anymore, so now I take mine in to Town North. Again, great service techs and I've always been in and out quickly. I have noticed that the RR parts dept seems to keep more things in stock, so it's easier to get stuff out there.

To droo's comment on the leather... I don't have a problem with my charcoal leather. Of course, I do use the parking garage here at work, so that really helps during the day. I have noticed lately with all these high temps that it takes a long time to completely cool the car off if I have it parked outside. Part of that reason is because I always have the air coming out the dash and the floorboard. Gotta keep those feet cool too! :)

Anyway, welcome to the fam. I LOVE the pewter! Such a great color.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Welcome to the forum! I hope all is going well with your hail damaged Mo.

Good Luck to you!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts