Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a set of Alpine SPR-69LP for the front doors. Have built in tweeters.

Does that mean I can't get an additional tweeters for the dashboard anymore since its got built in tweeters?

the yellow capacitor labeled MF 3.3uF 100v 5% and the red labeled 0.25mH

any insights on how I can get tweeters to work with these kick panel speakers with tweeters?

Heres a pictures of the caps molded on the speaker

They are 4 OHM 2 way speakers.

and here's the image of the tweeter on the speaker:

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
virux-

The simple answer is.... just install and connect them.

The caps will take care of filtering the signal to the tweeters.

The new coaxial speakers should definitely sound better than the stock speakers.

If after listening to them you want more highs, you can always install additional tweeters in the dash.

-njjoe

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes thats what im asking actually.. can I still add additional tweeters to the dash since there's already tweeters on my speakers?
I read something from crutchfield saying that I shouldn't add another set of tweeters if there's already built-in tweeters on the speakers.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
You can add tweeters. I would.

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
ekaxel said:
How do the 6x9s fit in the 6 1/2 holes?
The non-BOSE speakers are 6x9s. The doors are stamped to accept 6x9 speakers. The round BOSE speakers utilize a filler plate to fit in the 6x9 cut-out in the front doors.

-njjoe

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
virux said:
yes thats what im asking actually.. can I still add additional tweeters to the dash since there's already tweeters on my speakers?
I read something from crutchfield saying that I shouldn't add another set of tweeters if there's already built-in tweeters on the speakers.
You are looking for a balanced sound. Additional tweeters may upset that balance. Listen to the set-up with the door-mounted tweeters for a while. If you feel you are missing the high-end, then add a set of tweeters on the dash.

Remember, it has nothing to do with what anyone else says, but has everything to do with how "true" the music sounds to you.

-njjoe

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ah i was just curious.... since i saw some faq's on crutchfield about my type of speakers will lose its balance or something with additional tweeters.

thanks for the info though!

·
Registered
248 Posts
Enforcer said:

As Tenel Ka would say, that is a fact.

LOL. Wow, I didn't think ANYONE would ever reference a Star Wars character that didn't appear in the movies on the Murano forum. Nice one!

Regs,
Jeff (torn between a Titan and a Murano in the possible future)

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Pretty nice little speakers.
There actually are not "caps".
There is just one "cap".
The red one is a coil.
Most little crossover nets mounted on the back of speakers do not include a coil. The coil is a low pass component that keeps the high frequencies away from the 6x9 and the cap is a high pass component that keeps the low frequencies away from the tweeter.
OK it is not a studio monitor....but it is a nice little 6x9 auto speaker.

Homer

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
SliderJeff said:

LOL. Wow, I didn't think ANYONE would ever reference a Star Wars character that didn't appear in the movies on the Murano forum. Nice one!

Regs,
Jeff (torn between a Titan and a Murano in the possible future)
Actually I make obscure referrences like that all the time and nobody gets it. Your the first! :29:

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
4,994 Posts
Just add the tweeters

:)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts