Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey my HID headlights dont seem to be even. When they shine up against something you can see the beams dont meet up evenly in the middle, left side is noticeably lower. is this normal or is it something I can have the dealer adjust.

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
Its normal. The left side is lower to avoid blinding incoming traffic and the right side is higher to illuminate road signs.

·
Registered
81 Posts
mine are the same way too.. but for some reason i thought when i played with the lights turning them on and off they evened out.. probably just in my head.. but definately nice to know thats its normal for them to be like that.. never heard of the left side being lower so it doesnt blind drivers driving the other side of the road.. good thinking...

·
Just wanna help
1,383 Posts
Yes it is normal...

The headlight beam pattern for HId should be ____/**/***
Read it here:
Automotive headlight aiming <HID>

This cut off pattern is to prevent blinding the incoming traffic.
The cut off is supposedly to be more visible (contrast) for SUVs because they sit higher above the ground.
My prev. cars had HID and eventhough the cut off looks similar, the peak and valley were not as sharp as MOs.

·
Registered
717 Posts
It is also very easy to adjust if you want to make them closer to even WITHOUT blinding oncoming drivers.

Check out the little white plastic adjusting screw on the back side of each headlight.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks dk, are the headlights pretty easy to get off?

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
You need to adjust the headlights while they are still on the car (otherwise you won't know where they are aiming!). Look behind the headlight for the aiming bolts. There should be two on each headlight, one for up and down, other for left and right.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I've noticed that these HIDs are great for getting those left lane road hogs out of the way. There must be something about an SUV coming up behind you with these bright white lights that commands some respect. And if that doesn't work you give them the high beam flick and they're diving for the right lane. Makes me smile everytime. :cool:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts