Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this topic has been discussed many time before but I saw an ad on eBay for HID headlight bulbs replacement with no modification needed. Is this a misleading ad? Thanks.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7970859322&category=36476

Quick and easy to install, no modification needed

· Mounting in Seconds

· No Special Wiring Required

· Only company in the world to have full product line for Cars, Trucks, SUVs, Motorcycles and Snowmobiles !!

· 100% Safe for your wiring, will not melt your wiring or damgae your electrical system !!

High quality XENON gas and KRYPTON charged HID lamp

100% Street Legal and DOT APRROVED !

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Others here know more about it than me but with that blue tinted glass it will probably illuminate LESS than the existing bulbs in the MO. If you want to try something go with Sylvania SilverStars.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Its BS... First off unless you have a ballast of some sort to power the HID lamp it is not an HID AFAIK. Plus if you look at that packaging closely it states "HID Feeling", which in my mind means that this is just another BS HID wannabe product.

As a rule of thumb I think that Ebay is a very BAD place to go looking for car parts. from BOV sounding exhausts to resistor performance upgrades there are a lot of scammers trying to cop a buck off some bs promise. Now there are exceptions to this, but as a rule of thumb, ebay is not a automotive performance shop.

·
Just wanna help
1,383 Posts
One must know the technological difference between

One must know the technological difference between HID light technology versus Xenon-filled regular-filament-bulb versus halogen-blue-tinted-bulb!

Again, I have said many times, a good reading on this topics can be found here: http://faqlight.carpassion.info/
There are 3 major components in getting that HID:
- projector headlight
- HID D2S bulb (not 9007 nor 9006 nor h7, h1 etc halogen bulb).
- HID wirings and ballast (aka transformer!)

If this ebay blue bulb claims had been true, HID system wont be an $800 options on most vehicles. Visit the above link and read as much as you can on HID technology. It is all good informations!
IF you want to retrofit, do it right and be an informed customer. DO NOT use the blue bulb or its kinds

KLB:
I know this topic has been discussed many time before but I saw an ad on eBay for HID headlight bulbs replacement with no modification needed. Is this a misleading ad? Thanks.

·
Registered
438 Posts
You can see the filament in those bulbs in the ebay picture. They are not HID. I also recommend reading about the technology (not that there is anything really magical about this technology that's been around for over 50 years :D)

"Get that HID feeling" ROFL. The only 'feeling' those bulbs will give the purchaser is the feeling of being a poser.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts