Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Just wanna help
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My murano does not have HID.

A company who is experienced in retrofitting halogen to bi-xenon projector with hid setup is willing to make my car as pilot.
They have performed various conversions for honda, acura to projecotr, mercedex benz, VW, audi, and much more with success.

What they do are:
- take out the halogen headlight, insert bi-xenon projector eyes, machine it to look oem, seal the headlight back
- put hella d2s HID bulb and ballast

Overal cost including labor is around $800.
They do not use re-based HID bulb, so your setup will be oem D2S HID bulb. (minus the automatic levering system of course). All you have to do is shipped the headlight to them, turn around time is usually 2 - 3 days.

I will post pics when it is done.

Please vote, I want to get a glimpse on how many forum members are interested with this conversion so that i can tell the guy how much business they might be getting in the future.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I am interested in them! I ahve HID in my Mo, but I would like the company info for getting them in my 2003 Tacoma and 2002 Tundra....

·
4,664 Posts
No shutter? That sucks... How's it compare to buying the OEM parts?

·
Just wanna help
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OEM will cost you twice at much....

OEM headlight is around $450-$500 per piece, so in total, it is not uncommon to spent $1500 - $2000 with the following brakedown:
- D2S Bulb and balast, $450
- headlights $1000
- Wiring and auto-adjust-motor, around $300 if retrofitable.

I used 6000L in my audi, philips ultinon. Love the outputs. But for this murano, i am planning to go philips 4300K..old fashioned.

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
Just read on a bulb website that the 6000K Ultinon is a little bluer, but puts out 20% LESS light. I'll stick with stock. They are brighter than anything I have ever experienced!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts