Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
09 Murano HID to Halogen using factory default HID harness.

I purchased aftermarket Halogen headlight assemblies SET-REPN100101 because I was NOT going to replace my crashed up HID's for ~$1800 on the cheap side for both,,,, NOPE! The $153 for the pair halogen headlight assemblies are working very much very good,,,, VERY good enough! I saved a ton of money here people. The bling bling head lights were definately not what I just HAD to have. Any ways,,,,

Pigtails from autozone: H11 and HB3(9005) for around $8 each. The blinker socket is the current anomaly for some reason since I cant figure out what it's nomenclature is in order for me to search for an appropriate pigtail. I was thinking maybe it was an H13 but it really doesnt look like a solid fit. So I opted for the quick fix install of Duralast Headlight Socket 300 from Autozone. Not the best since it is not water tight, but it got my murano to have functioning headlights,,, mostly. This is a stop gap until I eventually find what the blinker socket nomenclature is.

So with regards to the hid harness,,, I cut off the big gray ballast plug and replaced it with the H11 and used it as the low beam in the halogen headlight assembly. I then cut off the W5W bulb plug of the HID harness and spliced in an HB3 pigtail and used it as the high beam in the SET-REPN100101 headlights.

Next I had to figure out how to power up the blinker light since my HID harness did not have the appropriate plug and I couldnt figure out what it's nomenclature was. So I got a universal headlight socket for an 1157A bulb. I spliced in the socket by connecting the HID blinker power wire to one wire of the socket and I soldered the blinkers ground wire directly to the universal sockets metal barrel housing. I then spliced the power wire from the running light and connected it to the other wire (contact) of the universal headlight socket. That's it. I made my blinker wire light the larger brighter filament and the running light power wire light up the smaller/shorter duller filament.

That's it! Do the same to the other side and you should be good to go. It worked for me and the wires are not getting hot.
------------ extra
Actually, my headlights arent completely functional I dont think. When the steering column light/blinker lever is turned to auto and the sensitivity is set for daytime running lights, both low (running light?) and high beam(?) headlights turn on. I think it should just be the "low beam" "running light" that should come on.

When the knob is rotated to the two outfacing headlights, then just the "low beam" "running lights" come on,,, which I am ok with. Question here though, is this my low beam which is doubling as a daytime running light? I thought running lights were all lights except any white light bulbs,,, ie all orange and red ones all the way around. hmm.

Next,, when the dial is rotated to the next "dimming light" looking symbol, both halogen headlights turn on,,, in particular the nearest to the grill HB3 headlight which I am defining as the high beam,,,, but is it?

Hope this is helpful or at least gives someone motivation that it can work. Mine work fine enough,,, old school really. Back in the day,,, actually not so long ago, people would flash their headlights at me when I ran with mine burning during the day. Now it's half dozen one way, and the other half the other.

I will get pics as soon as I get new hood hinges. I still have some hood issues that should be fixed with new hinges.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Did you ever figure how to solve the problem with your blinker lights? I have contemplated switching from the HID lights I currently have to halogen (which I already have 2 new assemblies for, when I ordered and found out my SL actually has HID.) I have researched getting plug and play pigtails to convert but wasnt sure how everything panned out for you in the end, going the route you went. Interested to hear what you found out...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts