Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not sure if I'm blind or if it just doesn't exist. I know we have at least 2 sockets in the front, but do we have one in the cargo area? I know my Xterra did, but not sure if it us hidden somewhere or if there is one in the passenger area. I'm thinking about getting one of those Cooler/Warmers that run off of those to put in my trunk and want to know if I have the power back there.

·
Premium Member
2,065 Posts
There is one outlet in the cargo area on the right side as you open the rear door, right above the seat release. I use this for my remote power on of my sub amp, works like a charm---and no tapping of wires.

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
5,100 Posts
Mgthe3 How many amps are you drawing thru that outlet? I am putting in a sub amp right now and looking for power. I was going to go to the front to where I have a separate supply for my driving light switch.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I thought I might have seen one. Thanks for noticiing I guess I'm going to have to look in my cargo area.

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
I find the rear cargo outlet useless since its not hot unless your key is on ACC or ON. I hate leaving the key in the ignition unless I am driving the car. Thats what happens when you come from a city with a high auto theft rate.

·
Premium Member
2,065 Posts
Don

Use the TOW power plug in the spare wheel well for the input power, worked on mine. It is the thick white wire with an empty single female spade plug located at the rear left of the well. If you are not pulling too many amps it will probably work just fine, otherwise you will have to pull a more substantial wire from the battery.
My subs amp is 250 watts rms per channel going into 2 12's and it works fine. I just used the +12 volts from the power outlet for the remote turn on my amp required--without it = it wouldn't power up.

·
5,100 Posts
Mgthe3 WOW! THANKS Great input My amp is a little smaller than that so sounds good. :D :D

·
Registered
289 Posts
Has anyone figured out the fusing arrangement concerning the power sockets? My fuse cover shows fuse #7 is for fr power socket, I tested all three sockets, this fuse is for all three.
then there is fuse # 5 cigar lighter, uh where is it? Fuse # 17 is labled rr power socket, can't find this one either.
#5 and 7 are ign. switched, #17 is hot all the time. The service manual shows the same. You could jumper from 17 hot side to 7 load side thru an inline fuse to have hot sockets.I'am curious what #5 and 17 are for.

·
Registered
80 Posts
MOpar said:
Has anyone figured out the fusing arrangement concerning the power sockets? My fuse cover shows fuse #7 is for fr power socket, I tested all three sockets, this fuse is for all three.

then there is fuse # 5 cigar lighter, uh where is it?

Fuse # 17 is labled rr power socket, can't find this one either.
#5 and 7 are ign. switched, #17 is hot all the time. The service manual shows the same. You could jumper from 17 hot side to 7 load side thru an inline fuse to have hot sockets.

I'am curious what #5 and 17 are for.
Cigar Lighter harness is under console shifter cover. The Smoker's Kit option includes and ashtray that replaces the change compartment, and a lighter thaqt replaces the cell-phone holder. Power is switched, and the harness is accessable after removing the shifter cover.

I think the rear power outlet may be model specific, or package specific. It is located in the rear, passenger side, above the rear passenger seat release lever.

·
Premium Member
2,065 Posts
mine izza plain jane SL...and it has the cargo outlet.

:confused:

I think it is meant for compressors or mini car fridges (12V coolers). Almost all american vans have the cargo outlet as standard, so, maybe wrongfully so, I would assume an upscale "cruck" would have one standard as well.
:)

·
Registered
289 Posts
I've got the right rear socket, it's fused with the front ones. Fuse 17 has a 15A in it and labled RR Power Socket, I was wondering if maybe there is a connector behind the panel that could make the right rear socket hot.

·
5,100 Posts
MOpar Is finding your socket, anything like Stella finding her Groove?

·
Registered
289 Posts
Socket to me!!

·
5,100 Posts
:25:

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
I am waiting for someone to post a photoshopped screencap of Nixon actually getting hit with a bucket of water.

I seem to recall he was the only one to say the phrase but escape the deluge.....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts