Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, while i was hauling my carpet i guess the rolls accidentally pressed some buttons on the central console. so when i unloaded everything and looked at the display it was showing something like "ADVANCED SETTINGS MENU". :18: i cannot remember exactly but something like that.

(i have SL with no navigation)

so i used the joystick to go thru the options. nice! the options:

- time delay for the auto headlights to shut off (off-30sec-45sec-...)

- windshield wipers speed automatically adjusted to the car speed (yes-no)

- remote opens doors (first time driver side only - all at once)

and a bunch of other useful ones..

DOES ANYBODY KNOW HOW TO GET TO THAT MENU!?!??!?!

i had exited that menu and could never get back to it. :(

does anybody know any other hidden menus?

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
just recalled.. there was another nice setting there - time delay for auto-lock -- i gather that's the delay after which the car will lock-out (possibly with the keys on the seat).. i have seen a few posts about that -- could be very helpful..

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
The 03 models did not have the advanced options menu. 04+ have it.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Eric L. said:
The 03 models did not have the advanced options menu. 04+ have it.
Eric, do you know what combination of keys need to be used to get to it by a chance?

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well, here's the answer.
;)

THE KEY NEEDS TO BE IN AND TURNED TO "ON" POSITION!

otherwise this personalized menu does not show up.

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Nice I wish the 03 MOs had that... sounds like you had a magic carpet in your MO.

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
4,994 Posts
Oh a Pun! I like that. :D

·
Registered
16 Posts
i think also I can't get into the submenus of the personalized if the car is in motion! when my wife drives...I always tinker with the buttons....and it baffooned me for awhile why I couldn't get into the submenu when she was "moving" heh

·
Registered
554 Posts
Someone posted a thread on here about how to install a simple two position switch spliced into the Murano's nav system to temporarily disable the sensor detecting motion. This allows you to program the Mo while someone else is driving (certainly, nobody here would be programming the nav while actually in motion!). I don't have the link to the thread, but it should be easy to find with the search function.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts