Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This may already be common knowledge to most of you but I can't help sharing.....
Yesterday, I found a cargo net and wheel locks in the trunk of my Murano. Found these goodies in a storage space I discovered in the floor board of the trunk

Anyone else found any such goodies??

---------------------------------
Mymurano
03 Polished Pewter/ SL/Cabernet Cloth;Peppy and Loving It

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
I had a cargo net and a front license plate bracket.
No wheel locks tho.
Do you have chrome wheels?

Homer

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, Enforcer, like those.

-----------------------------------
Mymurano

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hfelknor, not sure

I don't know if my wheels are chrome or not.
Will ask husband tomorrow and let you know.

--------------------
Mymurano

03 Polished Pewter/SL/AWD; Peppy and Loving It

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
:cool:

I think your dealer packed in something extra, nice touch. :4:

Unless you have the chrome wheels like Homer asked? And you get wheel locks with chrome wheels?

Like Homer, I had the standard net and front license plate...both useless to me.

There are some other "hidden features" in the MO. At one time I thought we had a thread going on that topic but can't find it in search.

One of those being a fold down flap in the cup holder, and of course the cup holder doughnut. Then there are the flaps on the rear cover that extend to the back of the rear seats, and...

·
4,664 Posts
Good to know you found them!

I seem to remember in Canada that you get wheel locks if you lease, I got them for free on mine. Nissan Finance doesn't want their wheels stolen while they take your money.

As far as the compartments, your Salesman messed up, as he's supposed to walk you through the whole vehicle when you take delivery, including that.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just confirmed - my wheels are as alloy as they come.

-----------------------
Mymurano

03 Polished Pewter/Cabernet Cloth/SL/AWD; Peppy and Loving It

·
Registered
255 Posts
My Murano came with wheel locks, but they weren't from the factory. I guess the dealer put them on before I got the car. They may have put it on the car since it was in the showroom to show people what they look like. The "key" was in the glovebox.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
LEASED the peppy sculpture in motion.

Mymurano
------------------
03 Polished Pewter/SL/AWD/Cabernet Cloth; Peppy and Loving It

·
Matthew Lesko
102 Posts
Re: hfelknor, not sure

Mymurano said:
I don't know if my wheels are chrome or not.
Will ask husband tomorrow and let you know.
:21:

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
ididn'tsayanything

·
Registered
278 Posts
One Dealer

One dealer wanted $55 for those wheel locks. I do not believe that I will be getting them (pickup is tomorrow), but I don't much care.

I certainly don't want to pay for them as a requirement of leasing from Dealer X.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Enforcer said:
:cool:

"One of those being a fold down flap in the cup holder,..."
Thanks for that info. I honestly thought I had found all the hidden goodies, and my dealer actually did a good job showing me mostly everything. But that little hidden flap in the cup holder had thus far eluded me. And I can't begin to tell you how much better my life has gotten since! Thanks again enforcer. (Now if you could tell me where the million dollars is, i should be all set)

·
Registered
278 Posts
When they tipped out

at the dealer's, I thought I had broken the door pocket, and also that MO was cheaply made. Then I read the Features list.

Oh, well.

·
Registered
81 Posts
While installing mud flaps on the rear wheels this past weekend, I used the jack for the first time. In the storage area, there was a large threaded eye bolt. I've never seen this before and have no idea what it is. I'll check the owners manual tonight, but does anyone know what this is?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts