Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
British Cat Juggler
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just in case anyone is interested, I finally installed my XM system last week. I used a TERK skinny antenna in the brake light space, and so far no significant problems with reception quality. The only place it cuts out momentarily is on a short stretch of the Long Island Expressway (I495) which is the most "open to the sky" part of my daily commute. Go figure!

·
Registered
828 Posts
I wonder if it cuts out due to it receiving through a terrestrial repeater vs. a satellite.

I don't have XM but people who I know, say they mostly receive their signal through land based antennas (repeaters).

·
4,601 Posts
You can find out how much is terrestrial by disconnecting the sat antenna connection. One's sat, the other's terrestrial. I forget which is which... If you really want, I can find out, as there's no terrestrial repeaters here!!!

Also a strong broadcast or other station could potentially swamp the front end of the receiver making it difficult for it to "hear". It's like trying to hear someone, with someone else yelling at you.

·
British Cat Juggler
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I should have mentioned my Nextel signal sucks (more than usual!) in this area too.

Maybe this is where mayor Bloomberg built his mind control transmitter :)

·
4,601 Posts
It's probably not a co-incidence... As far as the mind control, I wouldn't give politicians that much credit to be able to build something functional. Although using the taxpayers $ to purchase something for personal gain would be right in line.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts