Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought my trailer hitch about 10 min ago from hiddenhitch.com for $129, no joke. I was on another forum and a guy was saying how nice they were and how much better they were than the other hitches out there, especially the $450 Nissan hitch that I guess is a royal, royal pain in the butt for the dealer to install, $700 pain in the rear.
So then someone said they just checked the site and the hidden hitches were on sale, I went and checked and indeed they were, and from what I understand they are a breeze to install. So I am happy as can be.

Although I did have a question as to whether or not to buy the universal wiring harness they sell with it for $50 or spend the $99 and get the Nissan wiring harness since we are getting such a killer deal on the hiddenhitch. It comes with all kinds of extras as well, like a cover for the end and stuff. I am pretty happy I caught it on sale. I guess they normally go for $239.
So I thought I would pass on the info on and ask about the harness at the same time.

Chez

·
Registered
176 Posts
Hey Chezman29

I just went to hiddenhitch.com and there's nowhere to buy online. Are you sure it was their site? They even have a disclaimer at the bottom that says: "This site does not provide pricing or on-line ordering. Please click the "DEALER SEARCH" button to find a dealer near you ":confused:

Also, what size is the receiver? 2"?

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just posted in another section, actually someelse did and I agreed adn then asked if there is a big difference. As my 4runner had a 2" reciever so I already have that as well.
Its a 1 1/4 " reciever. Will that make a big difference.
I am cancelling my order, well trying to, until I figure out if the difference is beig enough.

Chez

·
Registered
717 Posts
Chez,

All 2" receivers are going to be at least class II, some will be rated class III.

A class II hitch (like the Valley) has a 300 lb maximum tongue weight and a 3,500 lb maximum loaded trailer weight.

These match exactly with the Murano's specifications and match also exactly the factory towing hitch specifications.

The capacity of the 1 1/4" is less.

The "standard size" for all "serious" towing (boats, trailers, campers, etc) is 2".

I tow a 4' x 8' class II (1,000lb empty) trailer with the Murano all the time and it's solid as a roick back there, even loaded, and I don't even think about it much (except when changing lanes). I also tow a 17' boat and trailer a lot.

If your not going to tow a boat or trailer or camper, then the smaller one is probably good for your uses. What are you going to tow and how far will you tow it?

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It will be perfect for our needs. We won't be towing anything like that. We will be towing our Sunfire on a tow dolly once every 4 years or so.
If we do ever buy a boat or something we will just add in another $150 into the price of it to buy a new tow hitch and just sell ours used. Doubt that will happen, but if it does.
So we are happy with what we got.
Now to get the dealer to order the wiring harness with the other parts we have on order with them and the special pricing they are giving us. Hopefully I can get them to get us the wriing harness for $75!
Thanks for the info,
Chez

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hidden Hitch $150 Installed!

I ordered the Hidden Hitch from information on these pages and it was smooth as can be. I arrived within 5-days and my neighborhood mechanic installed it in about 20-minuets.

I'm only hauling around bikes and snowboards but the mechanic said this hitch is bolted securely to the frame and he was impressed.

All for only $150. The mechanic charged 20-bucks for his work!

I'll post photos soon.

-S

1 - 8 of 8 Posts