Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK..ordered the hitch from etrailer on Wednesday and it was arrived on Friday. I'm always impressed with their quick service and delivery.

As for the hitch. It is heavy duty and fit very well. Installation was simple and easy. Took me about 15 minutes working by myself.

To be honest, for a vehicle with a 1500 lb. towing capacity, it is probably way overbuilt. Could be much lighter but that's OK.

As most of you know, the name "HIDDEN" hitch means nothing. It is far from hidden but I don't really see how it could be anyway. Here are some pictures of it installed.

Attachments

·
Registered
63 Posts
I purchased the Hidden Hitch from etrailers.com yesterday and the wiring harness from Nissan. I'll be doing the install myself although I will have to borrow a torque wrench to ensure I tighten the bolts to specs. I got the wiring harness installation instructions right off the Nissan site when I purchased the harness. Sucks that the harness cost almost as much as the hitch itself but I've heard horror stories from people that have done the after-market wiring to the car battery. I just like the thought of it being a genuine Nissan wiring harness is all. As far as the towing capacity is concerned I suppose if you have a class 2 hitch then they would assume you are, or at least could, tow things up to 3500 lbs and if they could prove you were towing something over spec then you might be in violation of the warranty. All in all, I really didn't have any issues with my previous 2 Muranos' so I don't think I will have an issue with this one. Tow AWAY!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are you saying that the Nissan harness does NOT have the wire that goes to the battery? Do you have a link to the instructions?

·
Registered
63 Posts
The Nissan comes pre-wired from the battery fuse box to about half way to the rear of the vehicle and then the hitch wiring connects into the existing wiring along with a converter box in the rear that comes with the wiring kit. Here is the URL: https://www.nissan-techinfo.com/TSB/TSB_xml/nmIndex.aspx?tsbType=AI Also, the mechanic just called a little while ago and said that they have to actually charge another hour of labor because it is a little more in-depth than they had originally thought. So I'm up to 175.00 for the install. I will be taking the car straight to Nissan to have their work inspected/certified. The inspection is only 25.00, but will give me piece of mind that it was done correctly. This is kind of off subject but I was driving home yesterday and the forward collision system light came on! It is the light that has one car facing another car crashing. When it came on I could no longer put the car in cruise control. When I got home I cut her off and then restarted and the problem went away but seems weird that it happened. I thought that perhaps a large bug or something hit the Doppler module or forward camera so I wiped those two things down really well. Hasn't happened since. Also, I must have inadvertently activated something in my car that suggests I take a break/rest. I commute from work about 1.5 hours one way on Tuesdays and Thursdays and it has only happened on the latest drive from work. Why is my car telling me to take a break!! Haha! I think I know what I did but have to go in and reset it or something.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Sorry, Just noticed that that was an older post/question.

·
Registered
87 Posts
U-Haul will supply and install a hitch at a very reasonable price. Basically a loss leader so you will rent their trailers.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts