Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Probably a silly question, but thought this was a good place to ask. I was told by my dealer that my 04 Murano (SL AWD) had a feature that would auto dim my high beams when another vehicle is approaching. Once the vehicle passes, the Murano would go back to high beams. Does this really exist? I briefly scanned over my owners guide and didn't see anything. The poor drivers in my city are getting tired of me blinding them while I wait for the auto dim to kick in. Am I missing something here? Thanks for the help!

·
NO-MO-SNOW
902 Posts
I think that your dealer is incorrect. I've not heard anything about that feature and I practically live here :rolleyes:

·
Registered
418 Posts
No auto dimming of headlights ....maybe dealer thinking of the auto dimming of the rear view mirror...mind you, I've never known a Nissan dealer to provide confusing information...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. This was in addition to the rear view dim. I just called my sales rep and asked for a call back. If I learn anything interesting - I'll post

·
Registered
443 Posts
Yes, we know that dealerships, particularly the salesmen are very knowledgable about the cars the sell :rolleyes:

No doubt he was thinking of the autodim mirror... which does work if someone is blinding you from behind with their highs.

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
More than likely he was thinking of the Auto Dim Glovebox light.
When You turn your headlights off, the glovebox light goes off.
The Auto Dim Glovebox is an industry first.:rolleyes:

Homer

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
5,100 Posts
Dim Minds, Dim Bulbs, all made up with marketing, you know how it goes. GRIP :jester:

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
The dealer was referring to the auto dimming rear view mirror.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Eric L. said:
The dealer was referring to the auto dimming rear view mirror.
No, he actually told us about the auto dimming high beams in addition to the auto dim rear view. Looks like we were given wrong information - sales rep did not return my clal today. We can close this topic.

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
Typical salesman - they make up all sorts of things to sell the car.

·
5,100 Posts
I wonder if we could make a auto headlight dim by placing a small mirror to reflect oncoming headlight down into the daylight sensor. Might have to set the sensitivity differently and change the wiring so it was selectedable via a relay, when the headlights are off the sensor would be normal and turn them on. If the lights were on and in the hight mode the sensor would put them into the low beam mode. Bet a combo of mechanics and electronics could do it. Althought there is probable an aftermarket device you could buy to do it for you. GRIP :D

·
5,100 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts