Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to hear from anyone with a high mileage MO. 100K? 200K? How has it held up in terms of Engine, CVT, interior, body, etc.

·
4,664 Posts
Let's see, that would mean an average of 6,250 miles a month, if purchased when first released, to hit 100K.

Anyone putting on that kind of mileage?

·
Registered
792 Posts
I thought I had a lot with almost 20K.

·
SHIFT_FASTER
1,437 Posts
jaak said:
Let's see, that would mean an average of 6,250 miles a month, if purchased when first released, to hit 100K.

Anyone putting on that kind of mileage?
I'm trying, but I only have 29,000 miles (47,000 km) so far. :D
Other than rattles and the occasional dealer mishap, things have been very good.

·
4,664 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
I probably have one of the highest mileage MOs you will find at 33K within the first yr. of purchase. I drive 500-600 mi/wk at about 70% highway (~65MPH average):30% city, thus wear and tear might be less than a city driven vehicle. I use Mobil1 oil that is changed every 6K mi. So far only 1 rattle that stopped, otherwise its running as smooth as the day I got her (I still love this vehicle):D

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
Seeing how the Murano has only been sold for a year and a half, it is unlikely you will find one with 100,000 miles on it. However, the engine is a proven design used previously in the Pathfinder, Altima, and Maxima. The 3.5L itself is based on the wonderful original 3.0L VQ 6-cylinder, which has an outstanding record for easily reaching the 200,000 mile mark. I have a 97 Maxima with the 3.0L V6 with 100,000 miles and it still runs better than new.

The CVT is up for grabs though, since the Murano is the only vehicle to sport this transmission from JATCO.

·
4,664 Posts
CVT's have been sold for over a decade in the pacific rim, and have been quite successful. There's been an incredible amount of research put into the excellant design of the Murano's CVT and the software running the system is near flawless, as it's control of the engine and sensing of the operators actions, such as the shifter and brakes as well as the environment it's dealing with, is fabulous.

While no ones had this specific model for an extended time, I'm not concerned about the long time reliability of it. (Knock on wood!)

Anyone who hasn't read Enforcer's web page on the CVT, I encourage you to do so. It's obvious a great deal of thought was put into the design. After all, it would be disaster for Nissan and Jatco to bring a CVT into the North American market and have everyone remember what a lemon it was!

·
SHIFT_FASTER
1,437 Posts
jaak said:
After all, it would be disaster for Nissan and Jatco to bring a CVT into the North American market and have everyone remember what a lemon it was!
Kind of like the Subaru fiasco. One of the first people who came up to me and asked about my Murano loved it, until I mentioned it had a CVT. He mentioned the problems with the Subaru version, then he walked away. :eek:

·
4,664 Posts
Exactly. You know they'd be terrified of that happening to them. That's why it has the CVT, but it's not promoted.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Since I was only buying used cars that were under $5000 when it appears the Subaru fiasco struck, could someone please tell me what that was all about? I definitely never heard anything about it since I wasn't buying new and no ne in my family owned a Subaru at the time.

·
Registered
26 Posts
High Mileage - continued...

I'd be interested in reviving and updating this thread ... now halfway into 2005, and I'm wondering who's approaching 100K, (or more?) miles on the odometer and what kind of problems or wear and tear (if any) they've seen.

I just turned over 50,000 on my 2003 this month, and just have put a brand new set of OEM Goodyears on (rides like a new car again).

Besides the alternator failure, I've had zero problems and no complaints. Maintenance costs have been extremely low. In fact, other than oil changes, a CVT fluid swap, wipers, tires, and alignment ... can't think of anything else needing attention up to this time (brakes and shocks/struts seem to be holding together very well ... knock on wood?).

Best car I've ever owned. I'd buy (and probably will buy) another MO again in a heartbeat.

Who's reached (or is nearing) 100,000 miles? I guess I'm thinking about when best to trade in for a new 2006 edition!

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Nissmo said:
Audi is using a CVT in the A6 as well.

I don't think they use it in their 2005 models... do they?

"The only transmission choice is a six-speed automanual with seven shift stages"

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Gonzo, I agree.

I think the 2005 A6 come with the Tiptronic transmission only.

Interesting piece about the "dual clutch" systems. Had never heard of them before.

Homer

·
Registered
85 Posts
I could have sworn reading in a thread about tires where someone (I believe a female) was claiming to have just replaced her (original) tires with 98,000 miles on them!! Find that thread for a high mileager-must be well over 100K now.

·
Premium Member
7,280 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Mine has 40k on it and so far except for the alternator is has worked wonderfully. I probably will trade it in sometime in the next two years for something faster so hopefully I won't have any issues before then. I put about 20k a year on.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Yes Zeb, that is precisely the one I was speaking of,that certainly was the high mile club leader for sure and Goodyear should put those tires in their hall of fame!!!!!

1 - 20 of 44 Posts