Nissan Murano Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 05 Murano sl awd. After every heavy rain or snow storm there’s a high pitch tone coming from the engine bay on the left side of the engine. It lasts for hours after the weather has cleared and drains my battery. I’m unable to determine what is the cause and no real help in google searches. Does anyone have experience with this sound?

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
I'm not aware on anything that would make a noise like that in a 1st gen Murano...

Do you have any aftermarket systems like an alarm or remote starter installed?

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Can you clarify what orientation you mean when you say the "left side of the engine"? Is it left side while in front of the car facing the engine or left side while sitting in the drivers seat? Also, is it more towards the front of the car or back against the firewall?

Nevertheless, your main problem is the battery drain so if you do a parasitic drain test then you should be able to trace down what circuit is still active when the car is off and find exactly what component is draining the battery.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Can you clarify what orientation you mean when you say the "left side of the engine"? Is it left side while in front of the car facing the engine or left side while sitting in the drivers seat?
Funny you'd mention that, since today while thinking about struts and other suspension parts, I always wondered why they'd often indicate "left/rightt" instead of "driver/passenger" side. Then it hit me: in some cases, the cabin orientation is reversed, where the steering wheel is on the other side of the cabin, so the driver's position has changed. I think indicating left/right is more of a universal standard of understanding when it comes to parts replacement and where those parts belong on the vehicle. Maybe that's not the actual reason, but it's what made sense when I started to question the logic behind it. "Left" when seated in the car facing front, or when standing in front of the car facing the hood? I prefer driver/pass.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Does the '05 MO have some kind of headlight defrosting/defogging system that might explain why something would only be an issue when it rains or snows? Maybe once the car is turned off, there's something telling such a system to remain on. Doubtful, but the nature of the problem is bizarre and vague and the details few.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts