Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, cross-over or not, I know top speed isn't high on anyone's list of priorities, but I was curious if anyone has tested the upper limits of the Murano. I had it at 70 for 20 miles or so (for Hawaii that's upper limit :D ) -- drove beautifully & rock solid tracking, low wind noise....mostly what I noticed though was that it was only turning about 2k.....thinking that drag will be an issue, but with the HP and CVT it should be able to hit 120 or so wihout too much fuss. Anyone out there seen triple digits or some thoughts on this?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Sent the needle slightly past 100 yesterday. Still smooth and stable, but noticably more wind noise. I am too old to sustain that speed these days, but getting there was effortless and seemed to only take a few seconds from 70. Backing off the throttle created some SERIOUS engine braking, so I was back to 70 in no time. As far as the CVT being able to handle 120...I think that the engine is rev limited to 110. (or close to that)

·
4,664 Posts
That engine braking will come in handy when you see the cop up ahead and don't want to be obvious by hitting the brakes!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Effortlessly brought it up to 185kph (115mph) and then, very oddly, it felt like it ran out of juice. Held it there for a couple of seconds before backing off for upcoming traffic. I was surprised at how smooth and quiet the ride felt. The acceleration through 130-40-50-60-70kph was amazing. The sensation was similar to taking off in jet plane.

I am curious to know what happens after 185kph... there must be more!
I'll try it again when I find that long open stretch of highway.

I said "SIMILAR" to a jet plane ...and they use their engines for braking too!! 8)

·
4,664 Posts
I think it's a rev limiter that kicks in when you hit 115 MPH. I took my 2k Maxima out one day and ended up flooring it next to an Audi A4. We were dead even, he backed off at 200kph and the Max computer cut the engine so it wouldn't go past 225kph.

The car would go faster, but Nissan's lawyers wouldn't let it.

I'm sure the Murano is the same.

·
Registered
37 Posts
C&D's review this month did claim a 116mph governor limited top speed...

Ironically, there were two motorcycle cops about three mile farther down the road!

But, my fear for what "the other guy" might do was as much incentive to left off the gas as anything else. :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts