Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
781 Posts
The only thing I could say would be full moving from the fuel pickup causing it to starve - but it'd be a different feeling - more of a fall on it's face type of feeling rather than slowness.

I'd actually think you'd experience the opposite as there is less weight in the vehicle making it easier to move.

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
Maybe the way the tank pressurizes affects the ease at which the fuel pump can draw the fuel.

I am with GMTURBO43 - I notice a bit more pep when the tank is near empty, due to less weight.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Hmm..didn't think of a pressure thing...

Here's an experiment. When the tank gets to half full (or empty) pull off the gas cap and put it back on (make sure it clicks 3 times). See if that makes a difference.

·
4,601 Posts
I've noticed the ride is different with a full tank, but I've always figured it's the additional weight in the back.

Can't say I've noticed and acceleration difference, but considering how deceptive the CVT is to begin with, I wouldn't trust my senses there. I wonder if a GPS has enough resolution to capture the differences... You could accelerate from a known state, and look at the distance/time data points and plot them on a graph. To keep temperature and barometric pressure minimised, you'd have to do the empty tank first then fill it up and do the full one.

·
5,244 Posts
We are still talking "feelings" not facts.

Get something that objectively measure acceleration. G-Tech would do.

I just cannot imagine that heavier car would be more responsive. It goes against physics. But then what do I know.....

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Full or near empty, The Gold Rush is much quicker after she's had a bath.

Probly the molecules are slicker.

Homer

·
4,601 Posts
Kris said:
We are still talking "feelings" not facts.

Get something that objectively measure acceleration. G-Tech would do.

I just cannot imagine that heavier car would be more responsive. It goes against physics. But then what do I know.....
How much are they? I guess the problem I have with getting a G-Tech is while they would do the job very well, after I knew, I'd put it on the shelf.

A G-Tech rental for a day, would be good...

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Are you testing this with the engine and CVT at full operating temp? As you know the CVT is a bit sluggish until it warms up.

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
I find the CVT to be sluggish on a cold start, so I find the car noticeably peppier when its warm.

·
5,244 Posts
Eric L. said:
I find the CVT to be sluggish on a cold start, so I find the car noticeably peppier when its warm.
Same here....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts