Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was fishing around on the 4x4parts.com website and noticed a hi performance cam set being sold for the Mo.
Hmmmm......says it is for midrange HP increase of 16%.
But $1100.00.....OMG.

:eek:

I wonder if Nissan would notice you had them in there if they were put in carefully. I also wonder how the variable valve timing would accept them.

Things that make ya go hmmmmmmm.........

·
Registered
418 Posts
I wonder if when you make engine modifications, does the ECM adapt? If you were to switch the MO ECM with a higher hp VQ ECM, say from a Z car, would that increase MO hp?

HHHMMMMMMM

·
Premium Member
2,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was about to include the wonder about the ECM cam thing myself.
A cam change is the most significant way to increase hp without adding a turbo or blower which would require a piston change to lower the compression....at least if you wanted the motor to live.
I have to wonder about clearances though....I know chebby mouse motors inside and out and can tell you by the lift whether you would have to fly cut the pistons....but the VQ....nada.

·
SHIFT_FASTER
1,437 Posts
There has been a Jim Wolf Technology (JWT) cam set out for the VQ35DE (our engine, and the one in most Nissans) for ages. It's designed to work with stock everything. Given enough cash to do it, I'd like to start making more power mods like this, this summer after my warranty runs out.

In general, I believe stock ECUs will work fine with most mods, as long as the sensors are still within range. That is, if you modify airflow to the point that the MAF (mass airflow sensor) can no longer give a valid reading (think turbo), then the ECU will have problems. But to fix that, you replace the sensor, not the ECU.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts