Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Major Geek
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Watched her hit 50k miles last night. Hard to believe I only kept my Xterra for about 25k. Had my favorite band The Wedding Present on the iPod, parked in front of my favorite pizza place, and parked facing the bank where I signed my refi paperwork to buy the car. Rather fitting for the occasion.

Has anyone hit 100k (miles) yet? I believe I saw 100k km come through a while ago. I've been fairly lucky at work, either working at home for part of the last few winters or commuting far enough to warrant having a rental. Otherwise, I'm sure she'd have 120k by now.

Edit: Since everyone posted their times.. it took me 2 years 7 months to hit 50k miles, with two winters off "relaxing at home"

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Just keep it going.
Without guys like you out front, guys like me can't follow.

Homer

·
5,244 Posts
Hit 44k 2 days ago. It took me 2y 4m......though my frequent fliers miles hit 70k year to date! Still 2 months to go so many more miles to be driven.......and flown? Still enjoying both...

·
SHIFT_FASTER
1,422 Posts
I just hit 69,000 miles (111,111 km) last weekend. :D

2 years 9 months.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Hit 43k yesterday... 2 years and 5 months. Dang work commute just keeps adding on the miles. Luckily I don't take the MO for much fun travel. I fly for that!

·
4,601 Posts
I'm over 50K, but Km, not Miles. It's rough having a home office.

My Murano's roughly the same age as Tyler's. I got it the end of January, 2003.

·
5,244 Posts
Dennis Fink said:
Just hit 50k this afternoon. Took the camera to record the event.

Going to need some new tires to pass state inspection in December.

Dennis,
are these the original tires? 50k seems a lot for one set of tires....

·
5,244 Posts
Dennis,

I am old-fashioned man, I do not need evidence. I trust you.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Dennis,
I'm amazed you got 50k out of them! Mine looked like that at 36k when I had them replaced...

·
5,244 Posts
I replaced mine at 28k and were in not better condition! I did however, see my relative MO with 22k and the tires were looking great! I guess he will follow Dennis and will get 50K +

Dennis, what is your secret. I wish my tires lasted as long as yours....

·
Love to live w/ MO
410 Posts
just hit 37,000 km this past weekend.

still looking good ! !

·
Registered
842 Posts
At 71000 kms and still going strong

·
4,601 Posts
Well, there's no chance I'll ever get that kind of milage out of my tires. I'm impressed! I just chalk up mine, to entertainment expense.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Heh, amusing, I just hit 50K miles last week as well, just a couple months away from her 3 year birthday. Time to go get an oil change, throw some fuel system cleaner in the tank and clean the K&N... :4:

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'm going to hit 50,000 miles sometime within the next two weeks. My original tires are in a little bit better shape then the pictures that were previously posted in this thread, but not by much. I'll try to post pics tonight if I get the car back from the dealer.

I bought the car in October fo 2003 and it is a 2003. We had a front brake job done at about 36,000 miles and today we are having the rear brakes done (they said we only had about 1% left on the pads). The battery died on us yesterday and the dealership said it was dead, so we have to replace that. Also said that we have to replace some inside air filter for 80 bucks or something like that. I'm sure we are getting screwed but it going to be like 300 bucks total.

I've owned 5 brand new cars since I've gotten out of college (Grand Prix GTP, Acura CL Type S, Toyota 4 Runner, Corvette Coupe and the Murano). Aside from the Corvette, the Murano has been the most trouble free car I have ever owned. The 4 runner, Acura and GTP were all lemon lawed. The corvette basically just sits in my garage b/c I don't have time to drive it. It is over 3 years old and has 10,500 miles on it. I actually was going to drive it to work today but the battery was dead!! :3: Dohh!

·
5,244 Posts
nolec5,

whatever you do do not let dealer install Nissan battery! There have been too many of them fail prematurely (mine including!).

·
Registered
13 Posts
Damn, thanks for the heads up....but I don't know if I'm going to have a choice at this point as I think my wife already gave them the okay to go ahead with the work. This was at about 9:00 this morning. We recently had the alternator recall fix done and it never seemed to start the same after that.

I was wondering if that had anything to do with the battery going bad but who knows. I'm sure they gave her the run around! Probably should have just gotten a battery from Sears but the car was already at the dealership so I don't think I had much of a choice.

·
5,244 Posts
My battery died 2 weeks before I had alternator replaced. It had nothing to do with the alternator. Just purely bad battery. Would not charge overnight...

·
Registered
92 Posts
Mine has about 48k and the tires look fine. Maybe I better check em, whats the thing with the penny, if you can see all of Abes head get new ones? I can never remember.

·
Major Geek
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Wow!

I didn't realize this thread had so many replies! I think it dropped off in a flurry of messages and I missed everything after my original post.

I bought in April 03, a few months after Jaak, but didn't join here until a year later. I had the rotor TSB done at 37k miles to resurface and rotate the rotors to stop the brake judder. I had to get them resurfaced again in April this year because I let the car sit too long and the rotors rusted over in a bad way. Also had the alternator swapped out at that time. They never fixed my TPMS problems. I'm now about to go thru my third winter with the flat tire warning permanently lit on the dash. Its now in its fourth straight week lit.

I am also on my original set of tires, and have had them rotated at 7500 miles all the way through. After the first winter with stellar performance, its been all downhill since. I was lucky enough to work at home or drive a rental car through the next two winters, but boy does she slide in the rain. My dealer still refuses to recommend new tires, saying I'm "only halfway through" at 8/32". I'm on pins and needles right now, trying to get a feel for my assignment this winter. I'm trying to work it so that I have a 1 mile commute to the train station all winter. If I can swing it, I'll hold off buying tires for another year if I can.

Speaking of which, if you *really* wanted to stretch a set of rubber, would you guys buy a new set of all-season radials just to use for a couple of winters until the stock ones are completely shot? The stock tires are fine thru the summer, but I fear for my life in the winter. After a couple of winters on a new set, I may finally trash the stock set for good and go full time with the new set. I hate the thought of buying true winter tires because here in PA we can go weeks without a lot of snow, or even a month or two without having snow on the ground for more than a few days at a time, and true winter tires seem like such a waste.

What do you think?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts