Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Enjoying the ride…
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What the heck is wrong with drivers in Brooklyn? Are those people drive with the eyes open? I really doubt it now. 2 month ago Mo was hit on the back. Now this… I am fu&^&n p&&^ed.

P.S. Now I have only one question is it me or Mo (or both)

Attachments

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
Murano_driver-

What's the story? Hit-and-run? Were you parked or moving?

From the pix it looks like "only" the guard was hit. Will your insurance pick up the tab for a non-OEM component?

-njjoe

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
" Were you parked or moving? "

He said;

"Now this… I am fu&^&n p&&^ed."

I would have thot a guy from Joisey, would understand a guy from Brooklyn.......... :2:

Man that sucks.

Homer

·
Enjoying the ride…
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mo was parked outside on Sunday. I am not sure what time of the day it happened. I saw this on the morning, when I was going to work on Monday. I tried security cameras on my building, but unfortunately they do not have enough angles to see what happened. Of course no one left any information (c’mon I am in NY). So, WAAG bumper guard is gone, scratches on the left fender (may be removable) and on the bumper all the way in (repaint only). So my total estimate would be around $1000 ($400 WAAG installed and $600 paint). 2 month ago my insurance paid $4200 for fixing my Mo. I afraid if now I will go to them again my premium will go up, or even worth; they might think of some type of fraud. 2nd time, hit-and-run, parked Mo, on the same street looks a bit suspicious. How much it will cost to install cameras pointing to all 4 directions and automatically turn on when I lock my Mo?

P.S. Anyone have 1988 Buick for sale????

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Murano_driver said:
I am fu&^&n p&&^ed.
MD,

I'd be fu&^&n p&&^ed too!

The idiot had to know he was hooked onto you.

Good Luck with your insurance claim.

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
Murano_driver-

I know it is a long-shot, but I would keep my eyes peeled for any car in the neighborhood with damage on the passenger side that looks like it was caused by your WAAG.

-njjoe

·
Enjoying the ride…
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
njjoe said:
Murano_driver-

I know it is a long-shot, but I would keep my eyes peeled for any car in the neighborhood with damage on the passenger side that looks like it was caused by your WAAG.

-njjoe
No doubts. I will.

·
Major Geek
636 Posts
Ya gotta admit, that almost takes skill to hook onto the dingo bar and largely avoid the bumper that way. Do you get into any "spot wars" with a pickup truck or car with a tow hitch? It looks like they hooked the tow hitch in and just pulled forward.

I suffered a hit and run a few years ago but it was high on the left rear quarter panel. Completely pushed in. Luckily the panel is plastic, so with the right pressure applied in just the right place, everything popped right back out to its original form.

·
Registered
545 Posts
A long time ago a vehicle that I had parked in a commmuter train station was hit and run by some idiot. Unfortunately for the idiot, he left a piece of his molding behind. I took that piece of molding and the next day searched every train station that I could within reasonable distance. I found a car that was missing the molding, I actually placed it on the car for a match, contacted the Police and my insurance company and the idiot confessed. So if you are diligant, you may get lucky and find this idiot, too.

Good luck!

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
elliotgb said:
A long time ago a vehicle that I had parked in a commmuter train station was hit and run by some idiot. Unfortunately for the idiot, he left a piece of his molding behind. I took that piece of molding and the next day searched every train station that I could within reasonable distance. I found a car that was missing the molding, I actually placed it on the car for a match, contacted the Police and my insurance company and the idiot confessed. So if you are diligant, you may get lucky and find this idiot, too.

Good luck!
:claphead: Way to go elliotgb!! Chalk one up for the good guys.

I would have loved to have seen the look on that guys face when he was discovered.

-njjoe

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
EasternPA said:
Ya gotta admit, that almost takes skill to hook onto the dingo bar and largely avoid the bumper that way. Do you get into any "spot wars" with a pickup truck or car with a tow hitch? It looks like they hooked the tow hitch in and just pulled forward.

I suffered a hit and run a few years ago but it was high on the left rear quarter panel. Completely pushed in. Luckily the panel is plastic, so with the right pressure applied in just the right place, everything popped right back out to its original form.
I agree I bet it wasn't an accident.

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
Gonzo said:

I agree I bet it wasn't an accident.
You guys are more cynical than I am, and I thought that was not possible. :D

I am guessing it was a drunk (or impaired) driver who was either cut-off or drifted too close to the right-side of the road. It is very doubtful the bumper guard was purposely hooked, because it looks like the paint is scrapped at the front of the wheel well. Someone obviously clipped the front quarter of the MO. Since the end of the WAAG extends beyond the side of the car it car was bent forward by the other car. I doubt is was malicious, but is was definitely irresponsible.

-njjoe

·
Enjoying the ride…
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
elliotgb said:

Good luck!
Great job elliotgb, but unfortunately that moron who did it, did not left anything behind. I could not even figure out what color the car was, I had no sign of paint at all. I would say it might be UPS or FedEx truck, but it was Sunday....

"Do you get into any "spot wars" with a pickup truck or car with a tow hitch? It looks like they hooked the tow hitch in and just pulled forward."

Haha, but in this case I would know who is that idiot is....and I will smack'em at least... :headslap:

·
Registered
12,512 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Wow...this is a very unfortunate situation. All I have to say is GHEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts