Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im so mad !! im on the comp surfing the nissanmurano.org site and my sister comes in the door asking.. what did you do to your door.. i was like what? she said did you hit something? and my heart just dropped.. so i went out to look at my Mo and looks like someone backed into my drivers side door.. i just filed a police report.. i have to wait until the end of the week to pick up the report.. im going to wait to see if one of my neighbors say anything... im going out to take some pics right now.. but does anyone have any pointers on how i should go about this? this is the first time this has happen to me.. :(

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
5,100 Posts
Ouch! So sorry, May you can quitely inspect the cars that live near you if you think that possible. Usually I woult think a neighbour would "own up" Ask if anybody had a delivery abou that time. Mainly your will probably have to rely on your own insurance. :(

·
Premium Member
2,065 Posts
yep, I agree with Don.
Look at the rear bumper corners...if you are lucky then they left some paint indicating exactly which color car to look for.
OUUU that would steam me!

·
NO-MO-SNOW
902 Posts
YAR! That's terrible. I never understand why people don't own up to it. What a weak society we live in.

I remember this very old lady who lived in my old neighborhood (where parallel parking was the only option) and she would come home and use her bumpers to 'guide' her car into place. One day I looked out and saw her bumping into my car and pointed out that she hit my car. She said that she left no marks but upon closer inspection you could easily see the spider marks from her stressing the paint. I insisted she pay for it. After threatening to call the police she reluctantlly paid for the repairs and never parked near me again.

It also reminds me of a work picnic I went to this summer. A friend from work brought her old roommate from college who started a conversation with me stating that she heard I was in to cars and she wanted to ask my opinion on what she should be buying soon. When I asked her what she was looking for she said something very cheap because they get ruined anyway. When I asked her what she meant she proceeded to tell me that she was a 'bump-parker'. I (not very politely) told her that it was because of people like her that I put the pushbar on the front of the car and that I think people who do that are terribly wrong. Long story short, she walked away incredibly mad at me and wouldnt talk to me for the rest of the day.

That's alright, I don't need any 'bump-parker' friends anyway!! :2:

Good luck investigating...

·
SHIFT_FASTER
1,437 Posts
A highschool teacher of mine used to call that "parking by ear".

I got backed into a few weeks ago, driver side rear door. The woman knocked on every door until she found out who's car it was (I was visiting someone, parked on the street). The mark is really minor, and i have several others, so I'll just get them all taken care of at once.

But I know why people don't always own up: a good friend of mine backed into a car on the street lately. When she found the owner, they were very rude. The owner insisted on a particular shop (no big deal), but wouldn't get other estimates, tried to force my friend to pay for a rental and tried to make my friend pay $300 more than the cost of the repairs and rental! And the car was a POS to start with!

·
Registered
564 Posts
Man - crap like that burns me up! People should own up to their mistakes. And, those being wronged should be gracious and not take advantage of the situation. Its an endless cycle that everyone needs to help stop.

Case in point, I've stopped at two accidents over the past several years to let the police know I was a witness. In one case, a guy blatantly ran a red light and smashed into the side of a car three cars ahead of me. I stopped, along with the car directly in front of me and we gave our names to the police. we confirmed to the officer that the offending vehicle ran a "really red" light (i.e., had been red for a long time!). Because there were two of us and we confirmed with police on the spot who was in the wrong, we never heard again. In the second, I stopped when the guy in front of me made a left turn from the center lane around a car in the left turn lane. The guy in front of me took out a green Acura with a family inside. Several of them went to the hospital. NOBODY ELSE STOPPED and this occurred at a very busy intersection! The offending driver was drunk at 4pm in the afternoon. I gave my info to the police. The drunk driver actually had a prior DWI and was trying to fight the second. I got called to court by the DA (which I was glad to do), and when the drunk driver's attorney saw that I was willing to show up and testify to what I saw, the case was quickly resolved without trial. I'm really glad I stopped because that poor family would have had no other witnesses. And, this drunk driver could have beat the charge otherwise.

But it doesn't have to be a major accident. I stopped at a grocery store last week on the way home from work and I watched as this "little old lady" backed out of a parking space and hit the bumper of the car in the next parking row behind her. I parked very far away from her, but then got out of my car (lovely Murano!) and stood in front of the store watching her. Because she knew I had seen her hit the other car, she stopped and left a note on the car she hit. I know that she was aware of what I was doing, because she kept looking up to see if I was still watching.

Let's all make sure we're looking out for each other out there!

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Jim C said:
I watched as this "little old lady" backed out of a parking space and hit the bumper of the car in the next parking row behind her. Because she knew I had seen her hit the other car, she stopped and left a note on the car she hit.

And the note read.......

"Someone saw me hit your car. They think I'm writing my phone number on this note. I am not."

·
NO-MO-SNOW
902 Posts
Jim C said:
I parked very far away from her, but then got out of my car (lovely Murano!) and stood in front of the store watching her. Because she knew I had seen her hit the other car, she stopped and left a note on the car she hit. I know that she was aware of what I was doing, because she kept looking up to see if I was still watching.

Let's all make sure we're looking out for each other out there!
I do this all the time. I was in an accident with no witnesses and had a hell of a time fighting the case...If I see you wrong someone I am going to make sure it's rectified.

I agree, it's about time we stand up for the wronged person. Even if it's not the popular thing...it makes it easier to look in the mirror every morning.

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
5,100 Posts
J A Y post a pic.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Sorry MVTCFP - after she left, I checked the note just in case. There was a name and number. And if she had left the type of note you suggested? I would have penned her license plate number on the note (I made a mental note of it just in case!).

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Jim,

You certainly did the right thing, and believe me, I'm on your side of this issue.

You should have recorded the plate anyway.

Who knows whose name and number she wrote down?

Hopefully it was hers, but.....

I must have lost 10 pounds since I bought this car just by parking way over there:runaway:

·
Registered
792 Posts
I watched this old man back in an old rusty Buick back into a Ferrari 360 Modena with the owner 20 ft away. The owner was all over this guy (as I would be also). the older gent kept trying to walk away stating there wasn't any damage. The Ferrari was black - which anyone with a black car knows anything more than wiping with a super soft cloth is going to cause a scratch. I couldn't see it - but I was a good distance away.

Anyway - the owner called the cops and this guy kept trying to get out of it. This was downtown Chicago and I was there for another 15 minutes and never did see the cops.

Walking out of Sam's club one night - I saw a cart that appeared to be resting on a Silver Murano. It made me ill - then I realized it was a few inches away and there wasn't a mark.

·
Premium Member
2,065 Posts
I have been a witness in several accidents and left my business card with the innocent person. I think what goes around comes around.
And, always keep a disposable camera in your car, I have for about 5 years and used them 3 different times, it will save ur azz...and maybe someone else's.

·
Just wanna help
1,403 Posts
Disposable..

And, always keep a disposable camera in your car, I have for about 5 years and used them 3 different times, it will save ur azz...and maybe someone else's.
Yeap, I am with you with this. I havebeen doing this for a while too.
But what i used is the old 35mm camera that i used to have in college before digicam era in the murano. And make sure that the camera has datetime function.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts