Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Enjoying the ride…
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
Here is what happened. Mo was parked in the MIDDLE of the block, but some a$$h^% still manage to hit it. Well it was hit and run, I believe it was drank driver. I sow it from my apartment’s window. When alarm on the car went on, I just looked in the window. It was two cars right next to mine; Dodge Durango and something like 2 doors Acura. First I thought they have an accident and my Mo start calling for help only because it happened right next to her (I have a very sensitive alarm). However, than I sow the drivers switch places and I had the feeling that something worth happened. So I rushed on the street and that what I sow (see pic below). It was the police car passing by so I stop them and explain what happened. From what I sow and hear, Dodge Durango, which hit me, has very bad damage on the right front and a busted front tire. (I hope, he will be overcharged for everything during repair). I asked the cops to call for search because all this happened less than 5 min ago and he cannot drive far on that tire, but their reply was “He’s gone”. So now I am claming all this damage thru my insurance. Does anybody know if my insurance will go up? Estimated repair price is $4000-5000. The most upsetting thing is that I suppose to give my Mo as a trade-in on Sunday and drive away in 06 Mo, but right now I am not sure if that going to happened.
:3: :3: :3: :3: :3: :3: :3: :3: :3: :3: :3: :3: :3: :3: :3: :3: :3: :3:

P.S. I forgot to mention that WAAG bumper guard reduces the damage significantly. This is the part will go on my new Mo for sure

Attachments

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
4,994 Posts
SOrry

Maybe you can get LED tail lights for both sides when the one of the left is replaced.

·
Registered
14 Posts
That is awful. Hopefully your insurance company will step up and take care of you. Did you get the Dodge's license plate? Were there any witnesses?

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
Murano_driver-

Sorry about the hit and run. It's a shame the cop didn't give a damn. It must have been close to his end of shift.

As far as your insurance premiums are concerned, I would think they would not increase as long as the car was lawfully parked.

-njjoe

·
Enjoying the ride…
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you for support guys,

My impression with the cops was, as they do not want to find him/them. When I asked right away to get on the radio and try to find that car, they told me that they want to make a report first, without the report they cannot initiate the search. What a bull… It happened at 4:05 it was not so many cars, I still believe they could find it if they really want to…..

·
5,244 Posts
Feel sory for you. B...d like that should pay ten times over...

as to the cops, I think they did not see it as priority. Relatively small damage, insurance will pay. So why should they do anything about it? It had the potential to skew they statistics if they did not find the ofender...sad, but this is probably what they thought...

Hope you will fix it quickly and get your 06.

Good luck

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
4,994 Posts
Might be a good thing

The delay may let the Ipod adapter to be in your new one!

·
Enjoying the ride…
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Re: Might be a good thing

GripperDon said:
The delay may let the Ipod adapter to be in your new one!
Haha That will be a great compensation for all the hassle.

·
Enjoying the ride…
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
DeLorean said:
That is awful. Hopefully your insurance company will step up and take care of you. Did you get the Dodge's license plate? Were there any witnesses?
Yeh, I was a witness. But it did not help:(

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
Murano_driver-

If I were you, I would check out a couple of the local body shops and see if I could find any Durangos with a damaged right front end. It shouldn't be too hard to find.

-njjoe

·
Enjoying the ride…
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
njjoe said:
Murano_driver-

If I were you, I would check out a couple of the local body shops and see if I could find any Durangos with a damaged right front end. It shouldn't be too hard to find.

-njjoe
Even if I will find one, I cannot prove anything. This is NYC.....

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
Murano_driver said:

Even if I will find one, I cannot prove anything. This is NYC.....
I would turn the information over to the insurance company and the police. They would have to at least send a detective to follow-up. Plus, I would let the owner know that I know what he did and that I am planning on filing a civil lawsuit against him. That may shake him up a bit.

-njjoe

1 - 14 of 14 Posts