Nissan Murano Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,624 Posts
Just a word - no one but you cares whether your trailer hitch is visible from behind. Just make sure it's painted black. They aren't hard to bolt on, and the threaded holes are already in place.

If you're just carrying bike racks, you don't even need an electrical harness. But if you need one, buy the Nissan factory harness. They plug into the harness and work. Yes, they cost a few bucks more but they save you a lot of headaches.

·
Registered
37 Posts
You have some great advice here. I have a 2015, and purchased a Curt hitch and harness online and shipped to me. Installation took less than an hour for both, working by myself. The wiring harness was dead simple. All plugs were there as I was told thru YouTube videos. Very easy install! A second set of hands to hold the hitch while you bolt it up would make it even easier!

·
Registered
700 Posts
And so is the rear hatch! Double no-no! Hitch mount is the way to go with a Murano.

Take care!

Jim

Just for the record, the hatch is made of steel on 3rd gen unlike previous gen; however the spoiler is plastic so hitch mount is the way to go like you said! Roof mount is another option if bikes are light as it's easy to drop one on the roof and cause serious damage...Just thinking about it gives me the creeps:eek:That's why I also have a hitch mount bike rack on all my vehicles for the past 20 years.

·
The Phone Booth Fanatic
1,286 Posts
Hey Freedom 55,

Thanks for setting the record straight! :)

I really should have known that after the few times I popped off the hatch interior panel to access the wire harness.

Take care!

Jim

21 - 26 of 26 Posts
About this Discussion
25 Replies
11 Participants
GateKeper
Nissan Murano Forum
We’re a community dedicated to Nissan Murano owners and enthusiasts. Discuss specs, safety rating, towing capacity and more!
Full Forum Listing