Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
TheGymKid said:
I say it again... Holy Crap !! Now that looks like an airplane cockpit. Pretty cool !!
Heh I like how the picture was taken just as the hazards were flashing, to get extra two green lights into the picture. All that is missing are two lights on the dash - the brake and alternator lights! :D

Either Nissan added an additional "Bose" logo the stereo (the one above the preset buttons) or my 03 has a different design (it only says Bose on the cassette door).

·
Major Geek
636 Posts
Weird, it looks like he added nav up top, but the fuel economy screen that's up is the hi-res version we '03ers got with nav. I guess they updated the resolution on the non-nav screens in later years. I've only seen Jaak's non-nav screens, so I assumed that's what they still looked like.

Since it now looks like even the non-nav versions have a hi-res screen, I wonder if they can use the tv kit I used. Back when I bought the kit they clearly stated that it can only be used with the nav version, but that's because of the differences in the screens back then. I bet katsu could have used either my tv kit or the svideo input kit from the same company and saved himself the bucks on those two extra screens (the kits have 3 input sets) and ended up with a much cleaner install to boot.

avelectronic.com is where I got my kit.

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
Non nav screens are still regular amber text screens just as they were on 03 and 04 models. You cannot use them for video or nav.

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
zebelkhan said:
Non nav screens are still regular amber text screens just as they were on 03 and 04 models. You cannot use them for video or nav.
Then it appears that guy added either a second nav or the other screen is used as an auxiliary display (or maybe he really really likes to watch the fuel economy guage).

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
I'll take a wild guess and say a metal box with a bunch of lights on it. :D I can dig the extra screens and custom receiver setup, but why the need for all the neon lights - it just makes it look tacky.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Interested in similar blue lighting - anyone know how to do this?

·
Enjoying the ride…
452 Posts
Spin_Echo said:
Interested in similar blue lighting - anyone know how to do this?
You can buy a kit from ebay. Depends on the ammount of LIDs, price might vary from $10-$100. Eventualy I am ging to install one, but I want one with multi colors.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts