Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been having issues while trying to get my Homelink transmitter programmed to work with my Genie Intellicode garage door opener. I have followed the instructions on the addendum card stuck in my owners manual to no avail. Anyone have some tips they would like to share?

Doug
Pasadena, MD
'03 Sunlit Copper 2WD
Sunroof, Charcoal Leather
Bose, Chrome wheels

·
Registered
104 Posts
Do you have the instruction that came with the garage door opener? After programming the remote in the rear view mirror, the genie may use a different method of "learning" than the Nissan owners manual indicates. I would use the instructions that came with the genie for programming additional remotes and treat the Homelink button as if it were a genie remote. It worked for me as my garage door opener didn't have the "learn" button (mine used a combination of key punches on the wall switch to program other remotes) Hope this will help.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Agreed. I have Craftsman openers (read: Chamberlain) and had to use the manual for the openers to get things to work properly.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have genie intellicode as well. Mine worked after i used the rolling code programming.

·
Registered
32 Posts
i also have a genie opener, you need to follow instructions that came with opener. there is a button on the opener's motor you need to push then push the button on your mirror.

·
Registered
4 Posts
It's much easier with two people - one to push the button on the opener and the other to push the button on the mirror. Alone, you need to move pretty quickly from the opener to the car.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
I moved in July to a new home just built this year. Had the same trouble with Liftmaster openers. It took two people one in the car and the other on a stepstool to mash the learn button on the back of the opener. I pressed the opener learn button as my son sat in the MO and pressed the homelink. The button on back of the opener starts blinking for a few seconds and bingo, the code was learned. It took two people and I did not see anything in the MO manuel that explaned this. Maybe you have the same type deal. Check the for the opener directions if you can find you booklet.
Bob1

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
I merely pulled the car to the center of the garage and stood up in the door of the Murani to push the button on the opener and settled back in the seat to to push the button on the Homelink.
You have quite a bit of time to move from one position to the other.

Homer

·
4,664 Posts
I had to do the same, but my opener's controller is a separate box, so I stuck it on an extension cord and had it on my lap, while doing the homelink button.

Not the most convenient. Also it captures a fixed code, so you lose the rolling code ability with the Homelink. That kinda sucks.

Hmmm I wonder if it will capture the keyfob? Turn your homelink button into a door lock button. (Why you would want to, is beyond me.) Unless you captured your wifes or a friends. Then you could lock and unlock their doors from your mirror!

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Jaack that would be a mean trick.... the best part would be to get the mirror to do that and then the FAB open the garrage door. :p

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have genie intellicode. it worked after i used the rolling code programming. you could find a rolling code button inside of motor box where light bulbs are usually located.

·
SHIFT_ passion
85 Posts
Like I said in another thread on this, I own a garage door co. I'd be happy to answer any ?'s you might have... PM me and I can tell you step-by-step instructions.:4:

·
4,664 Posts
Well perhaps you can explain homelink with rolling code garage door openers. It's my understanding, the homelink captures one of the rolling codes, then you train the opener to accept this one captured code, which effectively means it's now working with a fixed code. (Because it's one of the rolling codes captured.)

Homelink echos back what was captured. The learn button on the rolling code system, allows the one fixed code to be used.

·
Registered
203 Posts
This is my 3rd car with Homelink and the previous 2, I never had a problem programming but for some reason I could'nt get it to work on the Murano even though I am very familiar with the procedure. I tried the second button after I got frustrated just for the heck of it, to my surprise, it worked. Never could get button number 1 to work. my garage opener is a Chamberlan with the little button you have to push. Just something you may want to try if you are having problems, worked for me.

I also found the second button to be the most practical (fluke)because there is no back lighting on the buttons and are difficult to locate at night. The second button is right beside the green light on the mirror and by pushing beside this light, I hit it everytime.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I had the dealer look at it during the 3750 mile oil change/inspection. They could not find anything wrong, but they did go into the computer and clear the Homelink memory. When I got home, I followed the instructions same as I did before, but this time it worked.

Go figure...

Thanks to all who responded...

·
Registered
104 Posts
I believe there is a procedure in the owners manual to clear the homelink memory. Hopefully this will save a few people from a trip to the dealer. I just wish the service manual was a little less expensive. I did sign up for the 24 hour access to the manual, but I was unable to download the complete volume. I guess I need to be a little more internet savy.........

·
SHIFT_ passion
85 Posts
To reset homelink simply hold in all 3 buttons, the signal light will stay on solid, then it will blink rapidly and then go blank. Once the light goes blank, all codes are erased. To program the remote, turn key to acc. position, hold remote up to the mirror with the button pushed (remote button) and the hold in whichever homelink button you want. The light on the mirror will flash, then go solid, then out. Once this is done locate the Smart button on your motor head (usually on the front under the lightbulb) Press it and then go back to the MO and press the button on the homelink you programmed 3 long times. Door should move... I think I covered it all, once you do it It wont seem hard at all:4:

Good luck
Mike

·
Registered
1 Posts
Genie Intelicode with Homelink

Well, I finally got mine to work, but it was a combination of both the genie instructions and the homelink. First off I tried everything else I read multiple times before resorting this lol.

1. Took one of my garage door openers out of one of my other cars ( one I am currently using in my other car). Closed and opened the garage door to confirm it works.
2. Unplugged the garage door opener.
3. Programmed the home link following the MO manual instructions.
4. Plugged the garage door opener back in.
5. Then followed the genie instructions for adding another opener, but instead of using a remote I used the home link button I programmed earlier on step 3.

Worked like a charm, basically I set the home link up to the current code without the genie changing it on me. This might work if you are far away from home also so the genie can't change it on the remote also.
Good luck.

....when following directions doesn't help try something else.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts