Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wife came home yesterday and hit the button it would not open...I reprogrammed it and still nothing its worked with no problem over the last several year...any ideas?

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
Beemerboy-

I am assuming you have ruled out a problem with the opener itself.

Try programming the Homelink to button #2.

-njjoe

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
njjoe said:
Beemerboy-

I am assuming you have ruled out a problem with the opener itself.

Try programming the Homelink to button #2.

-njjoe
Well that odd part is that it just stopped working after a few years...so I am going to replace the battery in the hand unit and try to program another button thanks

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
You know, it's been so long since I set that up with the MO, I forgot how. I remember me pressing the homelink on the mirror while my son pressed something on the opener. Very fuzzy recall on just how we did it.
:8:
Bob1

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
enamurao said:
car owners manual shows you how.
I followed the car manual last night but there is a smart learn button on the motor that I have to press I remember that today...its been a while since I had to do this..thanks will let you know...I'm going in!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Got it last night was a sequence of buttons on the HL hand held unit and the opener itself that had to be pressed....done deal but still odd that it stopped working on its own for no reason

·
Premium Member
2,226 Posts
Beemerboy said:
Got it last night was a sequence of buttons on the HL hand held unit and the opener itself that had to be pressed....done deal but still odd that it stopped working on its own for no reason
I've heard of (but not experienced) some garage openers will "reset" their rolling codes or something in the case of a power surge or failure. Perhaps that happened, so that the Homelink was using the old code when the opener itself was reset?

I'm just talking out my butt here, I don't really know how these things work exactly, but it's an idea.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Corin said:

I've heard of (but not experienced) some garage openers will "reset" their rolling codes or something in the case of a power surge or failure. Perhaps that happened, so that the Homelink was using the old code when the opener itself was reset?

I'm just talking out my butt here, I don't really know how these things work exactly, but it's an idea.
We had a power outage a week or so back, but this was a few days after...stranger things have happened to me

1 - 9 of 9 Posts