Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our homelink transmitter seems to be on the weak side. When parked approx 30 feet from our garage, somtimes it doesn't open the door. Oddly enough, if you open the front windows, usually it works. If we hit the button when we're next to the garage, always works. That, to me, sounds like a weak signal. I had homelink on my honda accord and never had this problem. Also I understand the transmitter runs off the car battery, so it's not a weak batt causing the problem.

Anyone else notice similar behavior?

·
Registered
161 Posts
Yep,

I notice a difference in where I can open the garage with my girlfried's homelink, compared to my Murano. Probably about 50 feet difference, it only bugs me because I an open the garage far enough away with her car that I don't have to stop and wait for the door to open. With the Murano I always have to stop and wait...oh well...

·
Registered
717 Posts
Once you mentioned it, I realized that mine is weak too when compared to the homelink in my 00 Maxima (which is on the visor). The Max will open it from about a block away and I have to be almost at the bottom of my driveway for the Murano to activate it.

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
So, let's lengthen the antenna.
That normally helps.
(BTW I lengthened my Receiver antenna and ran it around the garage about 20 feet and that helped on my garage operation.)

Now there is that problem with the community gate.

Now where is that antenna on the Murano.........................

Homer

·
Registered
40 Posts
Mine will open the garage door from about 1/2 block away. But...I have to hold the button down at least a second or two. If I just push and release, many times the door won't open. If I push and hold for at least a second, the door opens every time from at least 1/2 block away. This is far better than the transmitter that came with the garage door, I'd have to be almost touching the door before it would trigger the opener.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Both my Murano and my 00 Maxima open the doors from about 60 to 70 feet with no problem. I do have to hold the button on the Murano for about a second no matter how far away. The Maxima you can just touch and release.

·
Registered
781 Posts
The Murano's Homelink is better than the garage door opener. I can open it from far enough away that I don't have to stop and wait for it to open. Not a half block though...

·
Registered
545 Posts
No problems from a distance of 100 feet.
However, I do need to be firm with the Homelink button as others have stated.

·
5,244 Posts
My is much better than the garage door opener. It works from more than 100 feet.

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
My homelink is not as strong as the garage door opener, but its close. I do know that the farther I am from the door the longer I have to hold the homelink button. Works fine from as far as 50 feet for me.

You all must live in really safe neighborhoods to open your garage door from half a block away!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts