Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the board,nice site you have here,good info. We bought an '05 SL 2WD & brought it home last night,sweet ride.Can't get my wife out of it though.

I have a question about programing the remote in.It says to hold the remote 2"-5" away from the Homelink surface,is the surface they refer to the mirror front? What ever I did it was wrong,only got to try once though.If the wife ever brings it home I'll try again,thanks.........Bob

·
Registered
174 Posts
I held my remote against the rear view mirror and it programmed first time.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks,I'm pretty sure thats what I did,but I'll do it again later with the remote out of my truck....Bob

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
There are two garage door opener types:
1- Those which have small switches on them and on the remotes. You program them manually by setting the switches the same.
2- Those which automatically set the code and do not have the little switches inside. On these you program the receiver to recognize the codes sent by the remotes.

On the first type, you hold the remote up to the mirror and program the remote link. This way you are basically cloning your remote.
On the second type, you cannot program or clone the remote and you must program the garage door opener instead to read the home link, just as you programmed your existing remote controls. On this type you basically tell your garage door opener to accept the codes your home link puts out. Holding the remote to the mirror will not work.
There is detailed instructions regarding both types in user manual package you should have received with your MO.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I tried several times to get my remote to work but could not. I tried holding the remote to the mirror and using the learning button on the garage opener itself. I followed directions to make sure I cleared it but no good. You have to watch, my opener picked up my neighbors and in the middle of the night it opened:eek: Maybe I will try again. When I had my explorer it would not work either, I have a liftmaster opener.

·
Registered
747 Posts
mrken3

I recently replaced my garage Door opener with a Craftsman Belt Drive (Very Quiet). This door opener has a rolling code which I don't think my other one had. On my old one I had no problem setting the Homelink up. On my new one I cannot get it to work. I believe it is because of the rolling code. I think there is a special way to setup the Homelink with the rolling code Garage Door openers but I have been too lazy to look it up. I have been using the remote supplied with the door. I will try and look in the manual for the Garage Door Opener tonight and see if I can figure it out.

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
I have rolling code on my Genie, and it works fine. Set it up 2+ years ago and don't have the foggiest what I did. I know I just followed the directions and had no problem though.

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
I also have a rolling code type garage door opener. The procedure to program the Homelink is in your owners manual. Basically what I remember is, press the "learn" button on your garage door opener (the actual opener on the garage ceiling) and then press the homelink buttons on your mirror in a certain sequence. Took a few tries, but it works fine ever since it was set. I love the convenience of homelink, no more bulky opener to fumble with.

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
The manual has a good set of instructions on this. In fact, I used the same instructions to program the homelink on my wife's 2004 MBZ as the one that came with the benz was wrong!!!

That is a new one for Nissan......:2:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I finally got mine programed.I had to use the remote from my truck to get it to work,my wifes wouldn't work for some reason even though it opens the door.

·
Registered
747 Posts
I was using the remote

I was using the remote and knew that there was something else I needed to do. Have not had the opportunity to relearn the Homelink because the Garage is a disaster area right now. Once I get it cleaned up so that I can get the Murano within reasonable proximity of the opener, I will give it a try.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I picked up my Mo last week and followed the instructions in the manual....presto...the garage door opened first time. i only hope the Mo will fit in the garage for the winter!

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
ella138 said:
I picked up my Mo last week and followed the instructions in the manual....presto...the garage door opened first time. i only hope the Mo will fit in the garage for the winter!
I have a very tight space in my garage also. I installed one of those laser guides which helps me (and my wife) to park in our garage with only a couple of inches to spare in the front and back, and a few inches more on the sides.

·
Registered
252 Posts
we dont have the homelink option in Australia but I am interested in fitting it.

Is the homelink just a replacement part for the overhead console? Are all the Homelink electronics inside this console or elsewhere in the car? Basically, will this be a fairly simple plug n play mod?

·
Registered
252 Posts
after reading a little more, it seems that the homelink buttons are actually in the mirror. Darn it! probably not so easy a mod after all.

can someone post a picture of the mirror and what other features it has?

·
Registered
420 Posts
Besides the three homelink buttons, it also has a compass and the auto-dimming feature. It looks just like this mirror currently listed on ebay . . . Mirror

·
Registered
358 Posts
Wish I could get my HomeLink to work...

I have followed the instructions in the MO manual, the opener's manual, and the postings here. Nothing worked.

I have talked to the opener manufacturer (Wayne Dalton) three times. First time, the guy walked me through their instructions twice then said they would have to send me a logic board update. "One of our engineers will call." Nobody called. The second two times, they suggested taking the MO back to the dealer to reprogram the HomeLink.

Don't think I'd like to dismantle my garage door (the opener is an iDrive) to take the opener to the dealer.

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
If you have a rolling code garage door opener (Most of the newere ones are rolling - Those that do not have a small code setting switches inside), then it is easier to program the garage door receiver to the Murano. Follow advice on the programing section of your home garage door opener. Usually it only involves pressing a button on the door opener itself, and once its light starts to flash, you press the button on the Murano's mirror.

·
5,244 Posts
as per zeb post - follow the instruction. I have programed homelink in Ford, Chrysler, Nissan and Infiniti. No problem. There is a learn button in new door openers with rollin code. press the button and follow th einstructions. Timing is critical.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts